I think my housemate is having a midlife crisis (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

right my housemate is about to do something i feel is well dodge. she is going to New York by herself for a week to meet guys she has been talking to online. she says she isn't meeting them but sometimes she lets info slip. For one thing she is getting a phone over there even though is is just going to be there for 1 week.She keeps telling me how open minded and wonderful her online American friends are and how she hopes something will happen when is is away.Should I be worried.She is only 40 so its not like she is well passed it but I think she is starting a mid life crisis.

51bBZrndNvL._SS500_.jpg

Slip this in the DVD player and casually start watching it when she sits down... "Oh I was just going to watch a movie" etc...

right my housemate is about to do something i feel is well dodge. she is going to New York by herself for a week to meet guys she has been talking to online. she says she isn't meeting them but sometimes she lets info slip. For one thing she is getting a phone over there even though is is just going to be there for 1 week.She keeps telling me how open minded and wonderful her online American friends are and how she hopes something will happen when is is away.Should I be worried.She is only 40 so its not like she is well passed it but I think she is starting a mid life crisis.

Tell her to save the airfare and try this site http://cork.gumtree.ie/casual_relationships.html

Meeting people off the internet is so 2003. In all seriousness, if she is 40, one would hope she has some common sense. I don't necessary think it's 'dodge' because it's more common place than meeting in a pub these days. As long as she is smart about it, I doubt there is anything to worry about. Hell, I met foreign people off the Internet last night.

mmm maybe I am worrying over nothing . I am not sure if she is particularly streetwise though. But she is fully grown I suppose. Still ..... not convinced

maybe there is some weird reverso shit going on and shes going off to meet a bunch of kids who are pretending to be in their 40s?

i have a cousin who's always meeting americans online and getting into ridiculous long distance relationships with them. he has kids and is separated and lives in a rural area so i think its easier to meet people online and get to know them. thats all grand but what i find odd is going for people so far away - surely there must be nice irish people in more realistic locations

edit: when i say nice irish people im not saying theres anything wrong with americans... just the ones in america are very far away

Come on lads. She's off on her holliers, with a load of dollars in her pocket because its worth only slightly more than jacks roll, to NYC which is a grand sort of place to visit the odd time, and she's lined up a few lads who might show her a good time.

She will probably have a deadly time, have a few interesting meals out, a couple of rides maybe and then buy some stuff to smuggle home.

Sounds alright to me.

You're allowed enjoy yourself when you are 40 too.

i'd do her if i was a guy.she is extremely intelligent . maybe a bit rainman. meh i just hope she is safe. i cant wait til i'm riding strange Americans when i'm 40 . .........i might go with her

My old flatmate used to meet randomers off the internet, but ignoring well founded advice to meet them in public places and inform someone where she was going etc. she used to invite them to our gaff for dinner. It was usually on weekdays when I'd be at home in my pajamas horsing into a fun pack of mars bars while watching 'You are what you eat' on tv. It used to wreck my head.

One guy rocked up on a motorbike, fair enough. But when I went into the kitchen to top up my ribena he was sitting at the table eating dinner (a dolmio stir in with pasta: she used to go all out) with the leather trousers still on. Maybe he forgot to put something on under them and felt it inappropriate to eat dinner in his underwear on a first date. Anyway, he turned out to be a freak who was into swinging. I saw the photos :eek: He looked like Mark Little from RTE. A few weeks after they began 'dating' he made a pitch to her on the joys of swinging, showed her some photos and informed her that the big girl he was taking up the bum in the photo was a 'great suck'! He told her she could go to the next night and be the official photographer until she felt comfortable joining in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back