i think i've gone normal (1 Viewer)

http://tmpspace.com/content/?p=91

thanks for the link maryjane, this guys pretty good
just the other day i was looking for computer game inspired art, this is exactly where search was leading me

u might like this guy too then - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Arcangel
he hacks video game cartridges to make art (but he does a lot of music stuff too). i was going to post something about his "super slow tetris" in responce to yr super fast marble madness, but i couldnt find a good link.
i really want to watch this lecture, but it doesn't seem to work. maybe i got the wrong quicktime or something though..

who remembers the game diablo? i picked it up in oxfam here in waterford for 2bucks... its the cheese.!
donal... you never did answer who looks like who, or is there a 3rd brother you hide away in a attic somewhere taht the of yis look like?! im off to work now and destroy some more peoples bodys :D
hurray for stuff like toilet paper.. without it we would all have shitty noses and runny arses.

don't like that Arcangel stuff too much.. chech this out if you can be bothered...
the musical recordings are fairly boring

I have recently completed a new composition titled The Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run" Glockenspiel Addendum. For those not in the know, Bruce's Born to Run record is littered with glockenspiel. For example, the famous melody from the song Born to Run is actually a guitar DOUBLED by a glockenspiel. Yes, I know what you are thinking,...awesome, awesome, & awesome. The Born to Run record itself contains 3 songs that feature the glockenspiel, ... For this project, I decided to create an addendum to the original and compose, play, and record glockenspiel parts for the songs on Born to Run that do not already feature the instrument (Tenth Avenue Freeze Out, Backstreets, She's the One, Meeting Across the River and Jungleland). I have made a 12inch vinyl record (signed, edition of 300, hand silk screened covers by kayrock, etc, etc, etc) which is available through my online store, and also mp3's which are available below. Basically you can play the vinyl or mp3's at the same time as the original recording, and you got your self a seemless mix with even more glockenspiel then originally provided by Bruce and the band. If you listen to my 12inch or mp3's alone, you just got glockenspiel and alot of silence (yes, it IS susposed to be silent most of the time,... I had to do it in Bruce's style, and this meant very sparse arrangements...)

Here is a small example of the concept:

Tenth Avenue Freeze Out (original)
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out (glockenspiel addendum) *
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out (both original and glockenspiel addendum mixed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonal
janer was once the Irish counter strike champion

pardon?

ahh.. i think I'm wrong on this one.. not even sure if there's such a thing as an "irish counter strike champion"
i just remember a t-shirt that he had, something about counter strike.. i think he said that he won it...
oh yeah, another classic t-shirt with "Hamas: Palestine will prevail" and a picture of a Kalashnikov... i want one
anyway, i'm sure he can clarify..

yeah thats grand corm eh was going to pm u my mobile but i cant seem to do that with u eh check ur myspace!!! let the games commence .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back