I need a 6 way selector (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
It's for a Gibson L6s,the one on it is well fucked and as a result the guitar is pretty much unusable as it keeps cutting out. My other option I suppose is to fit a 3 way toggle and do away with a lot of the options.

l6s.jpg

Online is not an option as I have no credit card.

I expect it won't be found in a guitar shop as the few times I've asked about a regular toggle I've had no luck.

Thanks.

Has to be rotary.
I just want to hear what the different combination's are like on the guitar.

1 Both pickups, in series
2 Neck pickup, alone
3 Both pickups, in parallel
4 Both pickups, parallel out of phase, with the neck pickup's bass response restricted thought a series capacitor*.
5 Bridge pickup, alone
6 Both pickups, series out of phase.

I'll probably just end up using only the bridge pick up,as that's what I do with my other guitars. But there's a lot more variety there than on a regular Gibson. It would be a shame not to give it a shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_L6-S

The Maplin and WD ones are Rotary. The capacitor mentioned on the wikipedia page is separate to the actual switch. If you want I could order one and switch them out for you?

Otherwise here's shitload more from radionics who are based in rialto so you can drop in there if the Maplin one isn't the right type:

http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/...)&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=4294955552&Nty=1

Here's loads more. I'd nearly guarantee one of these would be an exact replacement but only they're available online:

http://www.banzaimusic.com/banzaise...o_dtd&getfields=productimage&filter=0&start=0

I'll give it a shot myself. Just need to find the right one. I'll probably give the maplins one a shot,at least it's cheap.

beofre you do have you tried to clean it?

if it's of this style
image.php

then I'd nearly wager money that it's a dirty contact,and a bit of switch cleaner,and a reheat of the solder joints will fix it

try that first

beofre you do have you tried to clean it?

if it's of this style
image.php

then I'd nearly wager money that it's a dirty contact,and a bit of switch cleaner,and a reheat of the solder joints will fix it

try that first

Yeah,it's kinda similar to that one. It's more enclosed though,doubt that makes any difference. But,the post is pushed through,so it'll always be loose. Also,one of the prongs that the nob fits onto is broken. It's definately a lost cause. I sprayed switch cleaner on everything else inside. I've had the guitar for more than 10 years and never really had it working,so it's pretty much been in a case the whole time.

Got it late 90's. Cost me 150 quid,and I always had the intention of it being the guitar I would learn how to do stuff on. I never did,and it's about time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back