I have to get glasses! (1 Viewer)

Yeah, mine was like a plaster, too. Pity they don't give kids the pirate kind instead. It kinda makes more sense, doesn't it? To have your classmates think, "Whoa, a PIRATE!" instead of, "Look at the knob with the plaster on his/her eye."

Fecking hell, do eye doctors not have any humanity?

That picture of you is adorable, Shaney. Who cleaned up the beans?

just back from the optician - my vision is perfect! i felt a bit silly for even being there when i was able to read out the smallest line of letters but it was fun to see the veins in my eyes when she shone the light in

my vision is perfect!
mine is the opposite, now get your perfect vision out of this thread!!!!!!!!

i've been wearing glasses since i was 4.

4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haven't had a checkup for nigh on 7 years now, could be time for one. thinking about laser surgery these days, actually. not that specs are that big of a pain in the ass, but having them prevents me from getting in as many scraps as i'd like, for fear of getting them smashed.

i was in dixon hempenstall for a check up today too and also had eye-vein fun. i always forget that bit. i could only read the 3rd/4th line though, even with my up-to-date prescription. boo.

I got my first pair of glasses ever yesterday. I'd never even been for an eye test until yesterday afternoon. I'd been having mad problems reading a book or text heavy article for more than 20-30 mins. I only need them around the library or when reading for college work (like I am now) so it's ok, full on nerdness is well away yet.

No they're not. I just had to do an exam with them on for over 2 hrs today. As I've never worn them before I spent most of the exam fiddling with them to sit right on my nose.

I found out Friday I have to wear glasses all the time. As opposed to only on a computer and reading which I was supposed to with my old glasses. I hate wearing them.

I found out Friday I have to wear glasses all the time. As opposed to only on a computer and reading which I was supposed to with my old glasses. I hate wearing them.

so do I, I still don't though.

They're being held together with sellotape right now !ninjaaaa

I've worn glasses since the age of 10 (Irealnd v Chile, Roy Keane's debut - that was when I realised I needed them. I couldn't read the Davy Keogh Says Hello banner). Glasses are cool, the bigger the better.

me without glasses

BigHead.jpg

me with my glasses on

johnnydepp.jpg

Went bollock-eyed myself over the last few months, was very worrying for a while. Compounding this is the fact that I have a massive head, making spectacle wearing very uncomfortable.

I just never got used to them. since I've been wearing them everyone is looking at me funny. Like they know something is different but they can't put their finger on it.

I've been wearing glasses since I was about 9..It started as just for t.v. and reading the blackboard in school but when I would take them off everything was 100 times blurrier so I just had to start wearing them all the time..I'm near blind without them.Plus I have some weird eye thing and my eyes can't focus together so I doubt I'll ever be eligible for laser eye surgery...

So I'll be wearing glasses forever..Yay!!

I just never got used to them. since I've been wearing them everyone is looking at me funny. Like they know something is different but they can't put their finger on it.
Maybe they always looked at you like that but you just didnt notice without glasses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back