i have the MUMPS (2 Viewers)

La La

i drink your milkshake
for fucks sake! obviously my MMR booster ran out. i look like sylvester stallone on one side of my face, ahahahahahahhahahahahha!!!!
-the doc also stuck me FIVE times before he hit the vein (for a blood test) even though it was right there in front of him. so not only do i look like i've been punched, i also have pete doherty arms. ah jaysus.
i thought the mumps was for babies!

:(

"mumps" is a funny word though.

Mumps. hehe.

ouch. stay away from guys. that shit can fuck up they're fertility...i think

Aw commiserations... I remember a kid in first class came in with the mumps
only to be shouted at by a teacher for eating gobstoppers. followed by embarrassed apologies.

This was around NUI when I was in first year. About twelve of my friends got it I for some reason was lucky. Gonna be hanging out on your own for a bit I'm afraid, seriously contagious

Mumps in adolescent and adult males may also result in the development of orchitis, an inflammation of the testicles. Usually one testicle becomes swollen and painful about 7 to 10 days after the parotids swell. This is accompanied by a high fever, shaking chills, headache, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain that can sometimes be mistaken for appendicitis if the right testicle is affected. After 3 to 7 days, testicular pain and swelling subside, usually at about the same time that the fever passes. In some cases, both testicles are involved. Even with involvement of both testicles, sterility is only a rare complication of orchitis.

sweet jehova that sounds like hell

i remember i went out with a girl once and she was fine the night before then the next morning i got up and she was coverd in mumps. fairly freaky let me tell you but not contagious so yay.

Guy I used to work with (not the brightest obviuosly) was summoned to the creche one day to collect his baby who caught measles.

He though this would be a good time to bring the baby to the office for a bit of show and tell.

i remember i went out with a girl once and she was fine the night before then the next morning i got up and she was coverd in mumps. fairly freaky let me tell you but not contagious so yay.

Yes it is

Contagiousness

The mumps virus is contagious and spreads in tiny drops of fluid from the mouth and nose of someone who is infected. It can be passed to others through sneezing, coughing, or even laughing. The virus can also spread to other people through direct contact, such as picking up tissues or using drinking glasses that have been used by the infected person.
People who have mumps are most contagious from 2 days before symptoms begin to 6 days after they end. The virus can also spread from people who are infected but have no symptoms.

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/bacterial_viral/mumps.html

Yes it is

Contagiousness

The mumps virus is contagious and spreads in tiny drops of fluid from the mouth and nose of someone who is infected. It can be passed to others through sneezing, coughing, or even laughing. The virus can also spread to other people through using the same internet forum.
arrrrggghhhhh:eek::eek::eek:

you can't be covered in mumps. the mumps is when the gland under your jaw swells . thank fuck you cant be covered in it!

Can you still PM??? OMG SHOULD YOU EVEN BE POSTING?!?!?!?!?

PM'd you there :p

Yes it is

Contagiousness

The mumps virus is contagious ]

i actually have "DONT SHARE DRINKS!!!!! scribbled on my hand like that goofball chris martin from coldplay

Guy I used to work with (not the brightest obviuosly) was summoned to the creche one day to collect his baby who caught measles.

He though this would be a good time to bring the baby to the office for a bit of show and tell.

I hope that there weren't any pregnant ladies in the office that day :eek:

Commiserations on having the mumps LaLa. I had them when I was 5 or 6, can't remember much about it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back