Husker Du appreciation (2 Viewers)

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
you should,they are infinately better.

i am going to take lovejones advice and not bother with this, except to say that i don't know what 'infinately' is, but septic death are in my hoop better than Husker Du. you sir, are mental.

BTW - cheers to whoever for the SD rep!

I like the bass players moustache. It was like Stephen Fry's blackadder character. He was very gay looking wasn't he. It must have been hard for him.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Land Speed Record and Metal Circus are the only 12"s they released that were any good. fuckin awful after that. The rest sounds at least as dated as any cheap pop music from the time. Never ever liked that shit.[/quote

ive never heard anything like that said before. ill be takin your music opinions with a pinch of salt from now on Gary!

I'll also be taking your onions with a pinch of salt from now on Gary.

[/QUOTE]ive never heard anything like that said before. ill be takin your music opinions with a pinch of salt from now on Gary![/QUOTE]

JOHNSON said:
I like the bass players moustache. It was like Stephen Fry's blackadder character. He was very gay looking wasn't he. It must have been hard for him.

"I was Switzerland" - Greg Norton, bass player of Husker Du. I'd say the other two were mad after him though!

mackle - I was surprised the first time I heard gary say he didn't like the du, but he doesn't, and it's just a part of what makes gary the guy he is!

I however love them and the songs haven't dated but the production really has. Which is a shame.

oh and greg norton = the bruce foxton of husker du.

i find everything post new day rising unlistenable, incredibly horrendous 80's production, yucky chorus guitars, and production line songs.

not that i ever listen to the early stuff anymore either.

first minutemen lp for me

i started back to front with this band :rolleyes: i got warehouse first and worked my way back. i picked up land speed record on vinyl over here and haven't been able to listen to it yet. It's gotta be zen arcade for me though. Anyone read 'our band could be your life'? i wholeheartedly recommend it.

= .|..|

i ruined it for myself by buying and listening to Land Speed Record first....fucking unlistenable. which album is considered their best?

seanface said:
i started back to front with this band :rolleyes: i got warehouse first and worked my way back. i picked up land speed record on vinyl over here and haven't been able to listen to it yet. It's gotta be zen arcade for me though. Anyone read 'our band could be your life'? i wholeheartedly recommend it.

= .|..|

Yeh I think I've read that book about a billion times. Its great

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back