Hungover? (1 Viewer)

Jelly_Block

Honey, or alternatively golden syrup, provides the body with the essential sodium, potassium and fructose it needs after a good night out, say experts.
Other tips from the chemists include drinking a glass of milk before hitting the pubs and bars, sticking to gin or vodka and tonic, pacing yourself with the occasional soft drink, and downing a pint of water before going to bed.
Dr John Emsley, from the society, said: "The happiness comes from alcohol; the hangover comes from acetaldehyde. This is the toxic chemical into which alcohol is converted by the body, and it causes a throbbing headache, nausea, and maybe even vomiting.
"The hangover disappears as the acetaldehyde is slowly converted to less toxic chemicals."
Milk slows down the absorption of alcohol, so there is less acetaldehyde for the body to deal with at any one time. Gin is alcohol twice purified by distillation and contains few of the botanical flavours that contribute to a hangover.
But dark coloured drinks which contain natural chemicals should be avoided, said Dr Emsley.
Drinking a large glass of water before going to sleep reduces the dehydration caused by alcohol, which worsens a hangover.
"Only time cures a hangover, and generally the acetaldehyde will be gone by mid-morning or midday," Dr Emsley added.
"You can speed recovery by taking in more fluid, but a 'hair of the dog' only works if it relieves alcohol withdrawal symptoms, which suggests you are becoming addicted."

dont ahve the aritcle to hand, but those vitamin c tablets are also good, for the reason that beer makes you piss more then you need to piss, so after a few pints your just draining nutrients for the sake of pissing.

dont ahve the aritcle to hand, but those vitamin c tablets are also good, for the reason that beer makes you piss more then you need to piss, so after a few pints your just draining nutrients for the sake of pissing.
Ah yes, "breakin' the seal" always disturbs a good night out.

How do you remember to drink it though? I'm never in any fit state to be so sensible. The best cure for a hnagover which I read somewhere (possibly on this very board) is: a wank and a bottle of Lucozade Sport.

I've a fucking hangover now.The bastard.

No opportunity for beer till tonight to boot.Argh.

oh janey, that tasted manky. that tin of golden syrup's been in this house longer than i have.
still. needs must!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back