Hummus (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0
I :heart: hummus.

Did you use canned chickpeas or the ones you soak and cook? You could add to your basic hummus:

fresh finely chopped red chilis or chili powder / jalapeno peppers / grated lemon or lime rind and juice / ground cumin / fresh coriander / finely sliced spring onion / tablespoon of natural yogurt / toasted and chopped nuts/seeds of some kind - pumpkin and sesame seeds, walnuts or almonds

Serve with tesco mini coriander and garlic naan thingys - toasted and carrot sticks.

You can also make hummus from aduki beans, those big white stupid looking Italian beans, pretty much any bean really I suppose. And then there's Baba Ganoush, like hummus but made with roasted aubergine instead of chickpeas.

Man I could go for some hummus right now.

I strongly recommend piquillo pepper homous from Marks and Spencer. It's bloody amazing!!

HMD said:
I made hummus for the first time last night. It's so easy.
Anyone got any good hummus recipes?

Yo HMD, divulge your recipe.

I've been meaning to make this shit for ages.

dAndAn said:
Yo HMD, divulge your recipe.

I've been meaning to make this shit for ages.

1 can of chick peas (the organic ones from th heatlh food shop, they're bigger than the bachelors cans and i hadn't time to soak)

2-3 tea spoons tahini
half a lemon squeezed
3-4 cloves of garlic
2-3 tea spoons olive oil
3-4 tea spoons of the juice from the chick peas
salt and pepper to taste

fuck them all in a blender and let it go for a few minutes

cut carrot into sticks and dip away

Vary the amount of stuff to suit your taste.

shit! when does the yeast shop close on fridays? could do some little breads and make some hoummus to go with it....wash it down with red red wine

Yum,
I was trying to recreate that M&S hummous and did a pretty good job.
I made it pretty much the same as the reciepe above and then roasted a red pepper under the grill, bit of olive oil thrown on it.
Peel the skin off the pepper once it's soft, throw in.
Then I added a bit of this nice chilli sauce i get from the oriental emporium (but I'm sure any chilli sause would do).

I find that the mistake lots of people make is making it too dry. Needs plenty of water/chickpea juice n olive oil.

Actually 3-4 garlics sounds like loads for one tin of chickpeas. And I like me garlic. I just use one, am i a garlic wuss.?..:eek:

If you mash some chickpeas and put them in after you get really nice crunchy bits in the hummous. I always put some ceyenne pepper in too. Tesco do a really nice sundried tomato hummous but I've not tried recreating that yet.

Must make some hummous tomorrow, wahey.

uhh, thanks for the the recipe HMD, switched half lemon into whole lime and lashed some chili in too, twas deadly!

now making the same thing, and some bread with seeds and couscous is in the making too .|..|

i is too lazy to make hummus. tell me people - where can i go to buy the best? i'm talkin' the really good stuff, generous dash of lemon, not too dry.

i bought hummus from superquinn recently and was disappointed.

Coz I don't eat dairy, I eat hummous almost everyday. This sounds like the precursor to some post about how much I know about it but I don't. I'd welcome people's opinions too. In my humble opinion, here are top of the hummous charts:

Old McDonnells Chilli Hummous with fresh coriander: jaysis spotless
Old McDonnells Hummous (regular): super tasty
Tescos Hummous: amazing
Marks unt Spencers Red Pepper Hummous: Come here to me
Marks unt Spencers Hummous: nothing to shout about
Stuff you get in Dunnes: will do

Bear in mind that the Old McDonnells ones (which you get in most spars and shit) are really coarse and have whole chickpeas in em. I love this, but some people don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back