How many instruments do you play? (1 Viewer)

I can play keyboard/piano reasonably well although not stellar on it.
I can bang out enough chords on a guitar to write a song.
I can also play the piano accordion, which really isn't that different to the keyboard.

two really, but i can only stay good on one at a time - i'm all plucking weird shit on acoustic guitars these days but electric rock bass is my first love.

I can play guitar reasonably competently, nothing too fancy though and I think I'm getting worse with time. Keyboard things pretty badly, chance my arm from time to time with whatever is around. For a short while around 2004-04 I played a lot of a metal tray I robbed from q bar, it features on a few albums and I took it on tour, the only instrument I brought.

Can play guitar and bass resonably well, though as I get older I find I need to play more to stay loose. I kinda play piano a bit too, but thats never translated into playing keyboards well live.

I used to be ok on drums too actually- I forgot about that - but I'm rubbish now. I can, however, air drum to Rusty Cage by Soundgarden like no one else.

Oh I forgot about bass.I'm lethal on that too.

I really wanna learn the drums.Lifelong ambition.Must sort that out.

Used to be first chair tuba and euphonium but haven't touched them in over 20 years. Would love to pick it up again but they're pricey.
Can play drum kit but it ain't rocket science. The traps are going on the back burner so I can focus on tabla again, playing bhajans to honour the Divine Mother, Kali Ma. Jai Ma!

I use the guitar to write songs, although I haven't written any in about a year. I'd find it weird to write with the keys, although I do pick out the odd usable tune with it. Ultimately I think I'd like to use the keyboard to create arrangements to go along with guitar-based songs. Playing keyboards exclusively doesn't seem very rock n roll somehow, but from an electronic/midi point of view it's probably the most versatile.

I have a Bamboo Saxophone but it's a bit of a novelty instrument really. The harmonica is almost impossible, kudos to anyone who can play it. I used to play tuba in a brass band back in the day. Wouldn't be racing back to it to be honest. It's a heavy yoke.

The harmonica is almost impossible, kudos to anyone who can play it.

I've been messing about with a harmonica since I was a kid. One xmas my girlfriend bought me a DVD of lessons...turned out I'd been playing it the wrong way around all this time...I was disheartened and haven't really gone near it since

If self-belief was a piano, you'd be fucking Mozart

I'll take that as a compliment.

Some people mistake my 1000% self belief as arrogance.I'm as humble as they come really.Just have a big mouth...but so did Ali..But if we're gonna talk music skillz...its one area I can claim expertise in..and by fuck theres not many other areas of my life I can do likewise with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back