How many can you name....? (1 Viewer)

I didn't recognise anything that came after 1988. It's cruel to have a picture of Testament when they're all in their 50s. In their pomp i would have recognised them.

Also, why no Raw Novembre? Bullshit.

I don't think metal ever really recovered from "grunge"

I was and is a Grunge fan, but it was a very po faced scene. Cobain for all his anger was incredibly PC. All the main players were very serious and emotionally fragile. They always seemed to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Were they the result of the first big wave of divorce in the 70's, I dunno. I do remember it making the hair bands and more old school metal look totally ridiculous and redundant. Looking back I think Grunge removed a lot of the fun and silliness of metal. Which is a big part of its appeal.
It really was a re enactment of Punk Vs. Prog for generation Xer's.

That wasn't a comment on "grunge",just that for the most part,metal has been shit since. Really I'd struggle to think of even a handful of good metal bands since. Maybe it is because the fun was removed for a lot of people,but I don't even think that's it. Metal is too clean or something now. And I know I'm generalizing hugely.

Metal is too clean or something now. And I know I'm generalizing hugely.

I think It's all the pro tools polishing and heavily compressed mesa boogie amps.

The newer metal bands I tend to like (mastadon, a perfect circle, trivium ect...) all sound like 80's & early 90's metal.

This sounds like a machine, but in good way. Oh yeah...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think It's all the pro tools polishing and heavily compressed mesa boogie amps.

The newer metal bands I tend to like (mastadon, a perfect circle, trivium ect...) all sound like 80's & early 90's metal.
Except,they don't.

It could very easily be something as simple as protools messing everything up though.

And Pantera were always shit. And,have one of the worst guitar sounds ever recorded (and the drums sound dreadful too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back