How do I stop my white peroxide blonde hair from going yellow (1 Viewer)

yeah i had my hair bleached from 1998 to 2004 non stop cos i had my hair bright pink/blue/red etc etc all through college and then blonde. my hair was in a really weak state, really brittle and thin. afterwards so i chopped it really short and stopped colouring it and its only getting thick and healthy looking again now.but that shampoo in lush (it's purple) smells really good and keeps yr hair lovely too.

I would say go for the Shampoo called Daddy-o in Lush. It was made by the founder of the company who has grey hair.

Lush has a street team now?

Hayworth, what was that stuff called that gets sold in old lady salon supply shops? Ultra Mink or something like that? Ultra White Minx? I can't remember. I used to have to go to this special aul wan supply shop to get it when I had bleached hair. Worked a treat.

Unless you've got naturally lightish hair going properly blonde is a right bitch in the upkeep, so I just gave up. Giving up is probably your best option

There's a really good bluey shampoo from Schwarzkopf, but they test on animals, don't know if that bothers you or not?

Lush, John Frieda and Directions are all bunny-friendly.

Also, Aveda hair lightener is a lot easier on your hair and scalp than ordinary peroxide, it's pricy but it's worth it.

I've been bleaching or highlighting mine for nearly 20 years now. Will have to have a peroxide party to celebrate later this year.

never mind the hair roisin i'd be more concerned with getting all the lads on this forum's wagging tongues out of your arse :) :)

I bleached my hair twice. Never again. Man alive I was gay. I'm grand now though.

never mind the hair roisin i'd be more concerned with getting all the lads on this forum's wagging tongues out of your arse :) :)

I dont get that. Hows never..

Hair turned to shit there about a month ago, was breaking it off at root and everything. Had to get a hair cut that wouldnt look out of place on Sally Webster. It grew out grand though so I can back comb it into a behive kinda and clip it up at the back.

Ive been using a clarol toner now to keep it white. Works out good enough first time I used it I thought my hair was the colour of dishwater, but it was completely white. On getting it cut three hair dressers were around my head going "how did you get it so white yourself?"

I bleach my hair but I get it done as highlights, so there's less damage. It's not white, so it's not *totally* bleached but it's very very light.
It is a bit of a bitch though cos it grows out faster as you don't bleach it to the roots. I'd love to not have to dye my hair but I looked awful with brown hair. My natural colour is so dead.
Anyway - I've been highlighting my hair for ten years and getting it proper blonde since last year and I've never had problems with it, I think the key is to use the proper products (Sheer Blonde for platinum blondes, Daddy O by Lush, Marilyn hair mask by Lush, Phyto products for dyed hair) and slather on the conditioner every day. Also treat yourself to hair masks and oils regularly. Don't straighten it every day and use a hair protector if you do.
My main prob at the mo is mild psoriasis on my scalp that won't shift :(

That was a very me me me post, hope there was some info in it for you!!!

I agree with CPR though - life is so much simpler and less expensive without dyed hair!!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back