how clean is your punk house (2 Viewers)

Although you've probably told it a million times already, go ahead and tell the story of how Snakebite got to appear on national TV pretending to be wannabe punkers who wanted to swim with the big fishes.
What do you mean pretending? Haha. Well it happened because my friend Joe was working at the production company that does "A Makeover Story" on TLC. He was telling me about some shows they were working on, and said they wanted to do a band makeover. So I suggested that it would be pretty funny to have Snakebite on. He told the people in charge about the idea, and they loved it; within like 2-3 weeks we were doing it. But overall the main motivation was that it was going to be funny… and of course to swim with the big fishes.

While most people seem to agree that the "Makeover Story" thing is pure genious, I'm sure you get your fair share of naysayers who see nothing more than a publicity stunt in all of this, sort of a way to "get ahead of the game". What do you have to say to the haters?
The only real negative feedback I've heard was from people who thought we were serious. I guess we're better actors than we thought. I mean you can see we're all wearing shirts of mostly local bands; Brian got a Kill Your Idols tattoo, and Ian got a Tragedy tattoo. I mean anyone trying to be Good Charlotte wouldn't really be into the DIY hardcore scene. Overall, I guess it got our name out and entertained people, but I don't really think it benefited us. I mean our 7" didn't really sell all that much more, and we don't really get a lot of show offers, so I'd hardly say we got ahead in the game. I'm still waiting for the chicks I was promised.​

http://web30.kunde.xc-host.ch/interviews.php?op=view_interview&file=snakebite.php

I agree with Byrneos.
I was watching the thing and saying "maybe they're all taking the piss" but it just occured to me, that if they were taking the piss, at least one of them would have been blatantly caught pissing himself laughing at some point. But it never happened, cause they were taking it seriously.
They come across as retards anyway, so they're probably just saying it was all joke now because they got fuck all out of it anyway.

I agree with Byrneos.
I was watching the thing and saying "maybe they're all taking the piss" but it just occured to me, that if they were taking the piss, at least one of them would have been blatantly caught pissing himself laughing at some point. But it never happened, cause they were taking it seriously.
They come across as retards anyway, so they're probably just saying it was all joke now because they got fuck all out of it anyway.
Between them they have been in a thousand hardcore bands and yet the first bands they mention as influneces are Sum 41 and Good Charlotte. C'mon on. Surely they were taking the piss...

that guy in the clothes shop, what a cunt. i wish i hadn't watched that. "avril lavigne, lenny kravitz, the ramones..."

at least one of them would have been blatantly caught pissing himself laughing at some point. But it never happened, cause they were taking it seriously.

Yeah cos there's no such thing as selective editing either? There's no way the show makers would leave in any scene where they all just cracked themselves laughing, Would ruin the illusion.

Whay are ye arguing over whether they were taking the piss? Surely there's better stuff to argue about like sexism and anarchy?

I don't think there's anyone who'd get offended by that thread that I haven't already offended. Hope not anyway.
oh colash, your deepest hope is that someone will be entirely offended by your previous posts, sparking a massive new hoo-haa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back