Horrorthon 2009 (2 Viewers)

Re: horrorthon 09

My favourite zombie film.

Pilato steals the show, loads of great lines and an amazing death scene.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPsD2kKUeg&feature=related"]YouTube - The Death of Captain Rhodes[/ame]

DAY OF THE DEAD (US, 1985) + guest, actor Joe Pilato

Amazing

So it turned out the Surprise Film was indeed Paranormal Activity which was a bit of a let down to me as I downloaded the workprint released on the internets during the week.

I don't now if it was normal protocol for horrorthon films this year (this is the first one I went to see since it started) but they made us all turn off our phones before entering (as literally show the security guy a turned off phone) and a few security guys flanked the side aisles through out the entire film checking for bootleggers. Seemed a bit pointless really.

I downloaded the workprint released on the internets during the week.

[...]

a few security guys flanked the side aisles through out the entire film checking for bootleggers. Seemed a bit pointless really.

ha

anyways aren't there meant to be different endings for that movie or something?

yep there is. This one had the theatrical release like in the states now (although I much prefer the workprint version). One other edit out I noticed (not a spoiler) was the courses yer wan says she's studying - in the screener she lists english & spanish and we see her studying spanish at one point, in the cinema release she just says she's studying english.

It was great craic with the lights going down and the anticipation of having no clue what you were about to watch and then not having a clue of what you were actually watching (there's no credits) while you were watching it really added to the experience for me.

It wasn't until the film ended when I found out what it was.

Refreshing to watch a horror movie that didn't have to resort to gore and was genuinely scary this time.

Lots of plot holes and silly gimmicks that can be forgiven because the overall film works really well.

Word of advice to those who haven't seen it. DON'T WATCH THE NEW TRAILER as it stupidly gives away the ending, well not exactly gives it away, but shows a clip from the ending which was quite powerful and unexpected in the theatre. So if you don't want that moment ruined I recommend avoiding the trailer.

So it turned out the Surprise Film was indeed Paranormal Activity which was a bit of a let down to me as I downloaded the workprint released on the internets during the week.

Do i get a prize?

Did any one go to the Sinful Dwarf?

or emanuelle and the white slave trade?

i went to Grace & Black Dynamite on Friday.

Grace was a little on the Sci-Fi movie side of the quality scale, but it had some nice touches, and got away with the cheese cause it was a horrorthon and you were in the right mood.

Black Dynamite was a ripping good yarn for the most. it was preceeded by a few 70s films the compare/horrothon maestro guy had cut into trailers which were brilliant and set the mood very nicely.

this was one of them.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnuRQR-3Ui8"]YouTube - THE DOBERMAN GANG[/ame]

the free dark kit kats & mars delights also got the thumbs up.

i love the horrorthon. it feels like a proper event.

I don't now if it was normal protocol for horrorthon films this year (this is the first one I went to see since it started) but they made us all turn off our phones before entering (as literally show the security guy a turned off phone) and a few security guys flanked the side aisles through out the entire film checking for bootleggers. Seemed a bit pointless really.

They were sent in independently by the studio.
Totally pointless, yeah

They were idiots too.

Fuckers kept whispering to each other right behind me.

Had to shush them a couple of times.

Anyone go see The Descent: Part 2? Not as good as the first film, I would have liked more suspense and less wtf moments - i.e the very last scene!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back