Horror Business Dublin City (2 Viewers)

I can see meself being in town alot more when this place opens, and being even poorer! Best of luck. It'd be great to be able to pick up irish bands' music in town without having to wait for a gig with a distro stall and whatnot

Bit of an overhaul going on all round in the building. Open generally from 3pm each day till god knows when at the moment. Will be back to regular hours soon.

There's plenty of comebacks I could throw out to that line, but I won't.

Sincerely, best of luck.

As Gary pointed out, you're a brave man in the current climate. My only advice to you is to make sure you keep your stock as up to date and varied as possible - this was the major failing with previous attempts - and be prepared for the fact that no matter what price you put on any records, people will still moan about you being too expensive (this happens with literally every record shop old and new, don't take it to heart). Likewise, the minute people start using your shop as a hang out rather than a business, you're fucked.
Completely baffled by the start of you re response , explain please!!

Jaze, fair fuckin play man! I can't wait to get a look at it and waste my college grant on music as all punk students are required to do! Me and the lads were in tower rex and the secret bookstore the other day when we were up at iT! and they were both severly lacking any decent quantity of actual punk/hc etc. Think only two cds were bought between the lot of us!

I second that one about it sufficing till we get a UK subs-only shop--and preferably in Galway, mind you :p

Completely baffled by the start of you re response , explain please!!

The implication, and I'm sure it wasn't malicious, in what you were saying in your post about "the mistakes of others" is that folks who'd attempted this kinda thing before made a balls of it. Which is partially true. But a large part of the problem with those same recent ventures was the fact that people simply were not buying records in large enough numbers to sustain business.

I'm not interested in dragging up the past, that's been done before and it's long ago now. This is a thread about Horror Business, so let's hope the guy is bombarded with customers and has a long future ahead of him.

Any jobs or work goin?

I've got great experience with customers/handling money/ and i've done 2weeks work experience in Tower Records, Wicklow st.

PM me and i'll send ye a CV.

Ah, no bodger.

I'll be there anyway, this shop will most likely be where I go first when lookin for stuff.

Are ye doin any films or Documentaries?

The implication, and I'm sure it wasn't malicious, in what you were saying in your post about "the mistakes of others" is that folks who'd attempted this kinda thing before made a balls of it. Which is partially true. But a large part of the problem with those same recent ventures was the fact that people simply were not buying records in large enough numbers to sustain business.

I'm not interested in dragging up the past, that's been done before and it's long ago now. This is a thread about Horror Business, so let's hope the guy is bombarded with customers and has a long future ahead of him.
You re dead right no malice at all was intended,i wish Bombidol every bit of luck he can get,but there was a HUGE amount of reasons people have failed with simular ventures in the past ,and by that i mean the last 25 years,and by talking to the actual people involved is the best way of avoiding their pitfalls, ill be buying there for certain,Dublin badly needs it

Bombidol, that's fucking amazing. Can't wait to be up in Dublin the next time and spend all my money on records and zines!

Best of luck!

also...i'd advise anyone to pick up that Black Market Baby split, fucking amazing dirty sounding punk/hardcore band.

Deadly, the putting the cd you just bought onto your mp3 player in the shop is a great idea too. Best of luck with the whole thing.

yeah in the basement there. Gaz is welcome to charge his phone whenever he wants.

Cool I'm in and out of what used to be haus a fair bit. I'll pop in and spend some money when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back