Horrid Old Architecture (2 Viewers)

ucd's a pretty cool campus though.. lots of open space n shit. arts building is rank tho..

oh yeah, and my cousin used to live in trellick tower- before it was a trendy place to be. people killed in the lifts and what not.. have stayed there a few times, incredible building, one of my faves

All the stairways in Amsterdam. They're feckin mental dangerous.
Its got something to do with the design of the city, there wan't room to build proper stairways. But they're insanely steep

Spam Javelin said:
There are indeed. Clunky and heavy? The oringinal Civic offices certainly, but the idea was that the buildings should be very imposing and have a sense of strength and safety, thereby, in theory, giving people the sense that the corporation had these same qualities. Does it work? Probably not, as references like these are mostly only picked up on by other architects.

The Central bank is an engineering masterpiece, essentially built from the top down, it think its anything bu......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

*boring myself to sleep

Masterpiece me hole. It should've been higher, but they had to remove one level due to a 'minor flaw' in an updated design. It's unique in the sense that the floors are hung from the top and lowered down over a central column.

I'm more of a stickle-bricks man meself.

nn-dit.jpg

kevin st - so ugly it has to wear a toupé

I don't like central bank. It isn't truly ugly enough for me to feel sorry for it.

Kevin Street is another good one. It has the same kind of wavy design at the top as Busarus.

spiritualtramp said:
I don't like central bank. It isn't truly ugly enough for me to feel sorry for it.

Kevin Street is another good one. It has the same kind of wavy design at the top as Busarus.

True, Kevin st's (thats DIT for those of you who don't know) a bit miserable I find, but that might something to do with the fact that its so cock heavy.

Aungier streets pretty cool. y'know the new bit of its designed so that it can be patitioned up into apartments when they eventually sell it off and head down to Grangegorman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back