Horrible movie scenes (2 Viewers)

Wilbert

Website
www.gettaroom.com
I watched American History X last night and although I'd seen it before, that scene with the guys teeth on the kerb still had me squirming in my seat like no other scene in a movie with the nearest rival being the hobbling scene in Misery.

I can't think of a worse scene. Can you?

dont even get me started on that crazy shit!!

last exit to brooklyn i had to turn off before the end
i wasnt the better after seeing that

trouble every day-only film i've ever had to walk out of, but ive said that a bout a million times here. the bit were beatrice dalle eats the guys lip, i just stood up and walked out of the cinema. i couldn't take that shit.
i was shamed. sorry

there's a rape scene in joan of arc which acutally made me vomit, it was really unnecessary. and that movie, i can't remember the name right now, ah, rules of attraction, where the guy is fucking the girl and vomits on her... also, really unnecessary to show. i'd prefer if directors used a bit more taste sometimes and inferred instead of feeling the need to be so graphic.

How exactly would you infer that a dude just puked on a girl's back/head while fucking her?
According to the commentary, that whole bit was cut down a whole lot, so what we saw was the bare minimum they could get away with.

hag said:
there's a rape scene in joan of arc which acutally made me vomit, it was really unnecessary. and that movie, i can't remember the name right now, ah, rules of attraction, where the guy is fucking the girl and vomits on her... also, really unnecessary to show. i'd prefer if directors used a bit more taste sometimes and inferred instead of feeling the need to be so graphic.

I agree. There is often more power in suggestion than there is in the explicit, and it is the mark of a truly great director/writer to carry it off. Sometimes the graphic stuff is relevant, even necessary, but I think it's most often a cop-out.

which one??
trouble every day - claire denis film starring vincent gallo and beatrice dalle. scientists experimenting with human libido totally fuck themselves up and become cannibals. its been out on dvd a few months

last exit to brooklyn - adaptation of hubert selby jnr. novel. set to backdrop of a union strike in the 50's, its kinda similar to requiem in that its about people being crushed by their surroundings. its the bleakest story ever

thegoone said:
ive never seen it

when was it out?
whos in it?
whats it about?

george mcfly said:
last exit to brooklyn - adaptation of hubert selby jnr. novel. set to backdrop of a union strike in the 50's, its kinda similar to requiem in that its about people being crushed by their surroundings. its the bleakest story ever

I saw this when I was 12 and I found it really really upsetting :(

Ok, this is a little off point. Gonna use this thread to try and identify a flick I saw when I was a kid that I've never been able to find since. Details are sketchy: Pregnant woman is stuck between two wooden boards and these evil fuckers (witches maybe) stand on the board and maybe put big stones on that shit. Seriously fucked up. Also, she eventually is trying to make a mistake with a friend of her's and they're both in a car and she turns round to her friend and she's on of the evil fux. Kinda forget other stuff that I remembered up until a few years ago. I thought it was Death Wish for years because I think Death Wish was on tv the same night. Obviously, it wasn't death wish. This ring anybody's bell. Iv'e been carrying this lack for about 20 years.
Pretty sure t'were a film.

Unclealo said:
I saw this when I was 12 and I found it really really upsetting :(

i only saw it a couple of years ago, but the book i read when i was about 15
the book is 100 times worse
i still feel faint thinking about it

THRILLHO said:
Ashley Pomeroy has a great page about threads, for anyone who hasn't seen it..
http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/threads.html

Had a glance at it. Looks really interesting -- thanks.

Threads scared me so much because it resurrected those childhood anxieties about nuclear war: lying in bed at night, knowing that Reagan wasn't going to protect us, hoping that Sting was right about the Russians loving their children, too. I remember when Chernobyl happened, there were all of these rumours about a radioactive cloud coming our way. We were terrified beyond words.

I don't know what it was like in Ireland, but I have English friends who were fed the same fears that we wouldn't get a chance to grow up.

It's really always haunted me, the Cold War stuff. That, and the Holocaust, when I was a kid. Gave me the most atrocious nightmares imaginable.

jane said:
Cold War-era film called Threads about the nuking of Sheffield. Really upsetting. I still have nightmares about it.
is that the one with the shot of milk bottles melting on the doorstep?
if so that fucked me up as a kid.

also remember a tv movie about rabies in england... it gave me nightmares

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back