Hommel Belgian Ale (1 Viewer)

dAndAn

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::eek::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
amazing stuff.​

hommel.JPG

i dont think it is a proper ale as i was suprised to read it was an ale, on the bottle, after i tasted it.

Its also a ridiculous but tasty 7.5% alcohol...something you dont really find with ales.

It is light however and very drinkable. very very drinkable.

i dont think it is a proper ale as i was suprised to read it was an ale, on the bottle, after i tasted it.

Its also a ridiculous but tasty 7.5% alcohol...something you dont really find with ales.

It is light however and very drinkable. very very drinkable.
I'm not sure what you mean by proper ale. A beer is an ale if it uses an ale yeast. Ales can taste very different to each other while still being an ale. Irish people would usually call the red Smithwicks ale to be normal ale. The English would call bitters and brown ales to be ales. In Belgium, it's beers like Palm, De Konnick or Duvel. All equally valid but all very different beers. Stouts are ales too.

Anyway, sorry to be pedantic. Nice beer.

yeah, im not really up to speed with all that. i was going by the ales to which i am accustomed to i.e. english ales.

Dont mind me. im still drunk.

Are you in Dublin? Alot of the better off licences should have it. The likes of Whelan's, Carvils on Camden St, Mc Hugh's on the Malahide Rd, Molloys, Delaney's in Ranelagh..

I'm not certain that that beer is stocked in all those offys, but they're all really well stocked so it should be easy to pick up another strong Belgian ale. You can't go too far wrong with Belgian beer (once you avoid lager)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back