holy flip! new bonnie "prince" billy (1 Viewer)

Wheels said:
The problem with BPB sings Palace Greatest Hits is, that if you really love the originals - especiallly the Days in the Wake stuff... well it's just unlistenable to. It just sounds like a bizarre ironic K-Tel in joke. Lost Blues is the real deal and there's no argument.

fair point. but as someone who doesn't know the original stuff, i think greatest palace hits is a real good album. it's nothing on ease down the road, but the bloke is just so darn talented, even the stuff that ain't his best is better than a lot of other muck

quasiquasi said:
I saw this in the shop today, but I haven't seen any reviews yet. As soon as someone confirms it's nothing like "Greatest Palace Music", I'll buy it...

I really liked Greatest Palace Records especially New Partner, no matter what he does it's usually worth a listen, very rarely does he disappoint (although wasn't that keen on Master and Everyone) lets hope he plays Dublin again soon. Has anyone heard that Alasdair Roberts record he sings on - is it worth getting?

g-stereotypical said:
thats the new live one.
when did this appear?
i see that he has the rocked-up version of "master & everyone" on it..
this makes me VERY happy.was the highlight of his vicar st show.
now all he needs to do is play here again...

Whats it called???
Whens it out??
Where can you get it?

evil bandit said:
Whats it called???
Whens it out??
Where can you get it?

dunno what it's called but it has a blue cover
it's out already
road and tower have it i believe

It's called "Summer In The Southeast" it's not really as good as I was expecting from the 5 or 6 times I've seen him live in Dublin, but it's well worth getting if you are a fan - Break of Day and Blokbuster are particularly good methinks...

the first track on the bold and the brave is great. perfect mix of oldham and tortoise. its drags in places though. cool sprinsteen cover.
not a bad album.

thunder road is great, rest of that album is pretty rubbish, i think.
just boring and meandering, and occassionaly tuneless

however, i think the new record is cracking, probably his best since i see a darkness

did ya see the Bonnie Prince guests in the new release from the Prince of Darkness... that being Current 93's Black Ships Ate the Sky....

did anyone get the 'little lost blues' cd along with their copy of the letting go?... collects bonny billy rarities juat as 'lost blues and other songs' collected palace music rarities...

it's quite amazing...his hands, southside of the world, barcelona, black dissimulation are some of the best songs he'e ever recorded, i reckon

got a burn but have most of it already. it's missing most of the b-sides of the singles e.g. no such as what i want from black dis. 7" & a whorehouse is any house from lets start a family 7". seems a bit of a jip to have it so limited - why not do the lost blues vol. 3 2lp instead? market saturation?

ah yeah, i realise it's missing quite a bit but for those who don't have some of the singles / eps, it's quite an addition...

he's never been worried about market saturation before... maybe it'll find its way onto a lost blues 3 release at some point

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back