hitching (1 Viewer)

colm_

was just wondering does any one know if theres much point in trying to hitch from belfast to dublin, due to lack of money i was thinking of at least trying to hitch some of the way to ggi, as the bus to dublin is 20 quid or something, then from dublin to the fest on top of that etc

driving to dublin, your on motorway 90% of the time. hitching would be pointless and a bit dangerous - driving on motorways the concept of stopping is one that people seldom entertain. you'd be looking to try to town hop on secondary roads to be in with a chance i'd suspect. what about putting an ad up on the belfast gumtree/fastfude for a lift??

theres a few heads walking from dublin if you have the time. i'd imagine it'd be easy to get a lift on way back by going round festival asking - theres usually a few folk with space after these things or keep asking on here for a space. or maybe go to one of them asdas where southern people shop and ask in car park there.

BRING 3 LARGE BITS OF CARDBOARD
1ST WITH WEXFORD ON IT
2ND WITH DUBLIN ON IT
3RD WITH DRAWDA ON IT
ALSO AS ANN POST SAID TAKE A
SECONDARY ROAD THAT LIFTS WOULD TAKE COMING SOUTH
AS THE LIFTS WAIT 2 GET ON MAIN RD
SHOW YOUR SIGNS IN THAT ORDER
IF YOUR LUCKY U WILL GET A LIFT 2 WEXFORD
THE REST WILL BRING U TO DUBLIN
COS NAE CUNT WOULD BRING U 2
DRAWDA!

driving to dublin, your on motorway 90% of the time. hitching would be pointless and a bit dangerous - driving on motorways the concept of stopping is one that people seldom entertain. you'd be looking to try to town hop on secondary roads to be in with a chance i'd suspect. what about putting an ad up on the belfast gumtree/fastfude for a lift??

that could count in your favour too though,find a road leading onto the motorway and stick up a sign,theres sure to be plenty of people going direct to dublin so you might only need one lift.if thats successful cross dublin and try the same on the m/n11 to wexford.

theres a few heads walking from dublin if you have the time. i'd imagine it'd be easy to get a lift on way back by going round festival asking - theres usually a few folk with space after these things or keep asking on here for a space. or maybe go to one of them asdas where southern people shop and ask in car park there.

There are people walking from Dublin? How long will that take?

that could count in your favour too though,find a road leading onto the motorway and stick up a sign,theres sure to be plenty of people going direct to dublin so you might only need one lift.if thats successful cross dublin and try the same on the m/n11 to wexford.

the motorway in belfast actually goes straight through the city from north to south sorta. you'd need to go to lisburn or similar to do that.

hey colm.me,jill and carmel might possibly be driving to ggi from dublin,if you could get to dublin,you might be able to come with us.

I hitched a lift from slane to dublin once i dont think as many people do it nowdays or its not so common but i rekon you could have good luck on route like that. You might have to wait it out a bit i supose make sure your some place where they can pull over. I got a got a bus from dundalk to drogheda for someting ridiculous like three euros not long a ago i you could proberbly sit on that all way to dublin i think to dub from there is like six euros...

i generally lift any hitcher i think i could take in a fistfight. I look very normal but spent years as a punk hitching about the place so i owe people lifts. recently hitching is up i've noticed. I'd recommend nobody ever does that thing of hiding a few mates in the hedge till someone stops. it scares the shit out of the lift provider, i think next time somone does that i'll tear off into the distance.

I would say from dundalk to ardee to slane to ashbourne to dublin the MI is fairly major and fast moveing with tolls and fly overs check the google map i know a hut in a wood neer collon it has a stove in it. Your main other route before that would be lisburne to hillsbourgh to newry to dundalk i dont know how that would be.

if you went direct from town to town as you've listed (dundalk to ashbourne -> dublin) you'd be in with a good chance, the old main road is there and plenty would be goign that way instead of the M1 to avoid tolls or just town hopping. i took that route recently out of boredom and its good hitching material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back