• Watchers 3
Why is it better?

Bonus disc.

Vertigo - has the mono soundtrack.

Topaz
Torn Curtain
Marnie
The Birds
are all widescreen. The region 2 box has those four as 4:3 full screen pan and scan transfers.

There's another Hitchcock box, called The Signature Collection, which has a similarly less good region 2 counterpart.

Region 2 box contains six films
Strangers On A Train
North By Northwest
Dial M For Murder
The Wrong Man
Stage Fright
I Confess

Region 1 set has those six films plus
Mr And Mrs Smith
Suspicion
Foreign Correspondent

Thats a sweet deal.My mots hitchcock mad so she is.crimbo stocking filler material big time.

I second that emotion.

Hitch's last film too.

Thirded!

Bruce Dern is one of my favourite actors. Ever. Hitchcock was alleged to have said 'the reason I like you Bruce is that I never know what you are going to do.' Which just about sums about the kinetic, devilish brilliance of Dern in full flight. He is also absolutely exceptional (and I mean exceptional) in otherwise weak (imo) '70s flicks Black Sunday and Coming Home (yes, I like Ashby. Not this one though).
Best role probably King of Marvin Gardens - if you're a Dern fan and you haven't seen this, you've been depriving yourself for too long.
Pops up nowadays almost exclusively as a surly ol' screechy wise guy. The last thing I saw him in was the otherwise abysmal Milwaukee, Minnesota. Yet his careworn performance made it almost bearable.

Yeah, Family Plot is great screwball fun. Ed Lauter spontaneously gas in a handful of scenes. Hitchcock sure had good taste in hoodlums.

I love The Man Who KNew too Much

That's a great a box set, have any of ye been collecting the ones free with the Sunday Times?

Thirded!

Bruce Dern is one of my favourite actors. Ever. Hitchcock was alleged to have said 'the reason I like you Bruce is that I never know what you are going to do.' Which just about sums about the kinetic, devilish brilliance of Dern in full flight. He is also absolutely exceptional (and I mean exceptional) in otherwise weak (imo) '70s flicks Black Sunday and Coming Home (yes, I like Ashby. Not this one though).
Best role probably King of Marvin Gardens - if you're a Dern fan and you haven't seen this, you've been depriving yourself for too long.
Pops up nowadays almost exclusively as a surly ol' screechy wise guy. The last thing I saw him in was the otherwise abysmal Milwaukee, Minnesota. Yet his careworn performance made it almost bearable.

Yeah, Family Plot is great screwball fun. Ed Lauter spontaneously gas in a handful of scenes. Hitchcock sure had good taste in hoodlums.

Love Bruce Dern alright. I really like Coming Home, but his performance was always the thing I liked most about it.

Haven't seen King Of Marvin Gardens. Must get on it.

I got that boxset last christmas. But i think the "signature collection" was being given away free there with the sunday times over the course of a few weeks?

Marnie, rope, torn curtain, vertigo and frenzy are all totally amazing! holy shit, i think i'll lock myself away for chrimbo with this boxset again.

Love Bruce Dern alright. I really like Coming Home, but his performance was always the thing I liked most about it.

Haven't seen King Of Marvin Gardens. Must get on it.

he's great in this too

havent seen it in years..must do somehting about that

90482-2.jpg

Silent Running

he's great in this too

havent seen it in years..must do somehting about that

90482-2.jpg

Silent Running

Oh yeah, I haven't seen that in years. Very moving performance. Jesus, when you think of so many really good roles in such a short space of time. Then as David Thomson says 'the conspiracy against his career just seemed to take hold.'

Tattoo was probably his downfall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back