Highrise (2 Viewers)

beetleonitsback said:
and lee ranaldo looks more and more like someone's dad every time i see him. ah, the youth. they still fucking rule, the pricks.

lee r is someone's dad but.

ah here mainline can be as shite as they want. dunt bother me. it's like them dumb cunts that time giving out about charlie from busted. i mean, where's the love people. it's al relative. after listening to man line, you can now go home and stick on 'gracelands' and think to yourself, now this, this is real music. it's why god invented the wank, to remind you that sex is better. only, and here's the rub, it isn't. not always anyway.

i like anchovies this year. anuone?

Hector Grey said:
lee r is someone's dad but.

it's al relative. after listening to man line, you can now go home and stick on 'gracelands' and think to yourself, now this, this is real music. it's why god invented the wank, to remind you that sex is better.

That made me laugh enough to merit posting for the first time.

It's true an all.

I have to say, Mainline were waaaaaay better than (it even pains me to think about them) The Rags. Most of the band looked like they didn't want to be there, The lead guitarist looked happy just to be able to let rip, while the godawful singer was prancing around the stage like some arrogant cunt thinking he was Liam Gallagher. The only bigger cunt than Liam Gallagher, is a cunt PRETENDING to be Liam Gallagher. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

chutneyfarmer said:
I have to say, Mainline were waaaaaay better than (it even pains me to think about them) The Rags.

Beg to differ, The Rags were the most exciting band on the bill. Maybe next time don't spend your time studying the individual band members, trying to second guess their how much they look like they want to be there(!?) and eh...listen to their music. They'l look happy to be onstage at the Electric Picnic.

nine acre dust said:
Beg to differ, The Rags were the most exciting band on the bill. Maybe next time don't spend your time studying the individual band members, trying to second guess their how much they look like they want to be there(!?) and eh...listen to their music. They'l look happy to be onstage at the Electric Picnic.

Fair enough, the lads were probably nervous and all, but the blonde guitarist and the bassist just didn't seem too enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Nah, the music was as bland as hell so there wasn't much to do but look at them. I'm sure they'll be happy to be on stage at Electric Picnic. I know I'll be happy not to have to listen to their music and put up with some arrogant twat who think's he's a fucking gift from God.

Good day to you sir.

What's the story with them? I've seen them twice and the singer came off as a complete dick head both times.

Sound a bit like Doves an all.

chutneyfarmer said:
I know I'll be happy not to have to listen to their music and put up with some arrogant twat who think's he's a fucking gift from God.

Their music is perhaps not your cup of tea, but its very unfair to dismiss as being 'bland'.

What's interesting is that you fault the guitarist for (in your opinion) having no confidence, and berate the singer for having it!

Why it pains you "to think about them so much to say the band's name" is that deep down you realised that this band are something special, but your 'indier than thou' disposition refused to allow your ears to process this information to your brain. Your ears refused to listen so in a moment of, dare i say it - blind envy, your eyes made a series of rash judgements that transpired to be fundamentally hypocritical.

If you simply didn't like them you surely wouldnt have been compelled to post about them. The reason you picked out the singer in particular is because you havent got what he has, and that "pains" you. You think it should be you up there. And if it was you'd love it. But it's not. So you hate them.

Come on in (from the dark).

Gooday to you sir.

nine acre dust said:
Their music is perhaps not your cup of tea, but its very unfair to dismiss as being 'bland'.

What's interesting is that you fault the guitarist for (in your opinion) having no confidence, and berate the singer for having it!

Well I acknowledged that the guitarist may have been nervous, which could have led to him not moving about much. However there's a big difference between "confidence" (see mainline, sonic youth, etc.) and arrogance! I believe the singer was arrogant to the point that it completely ruined their show. And also, I'm not alone in thinking this, many other people I talked to thought the same.

nine acre dust said:
Why it pains you "to think about them so much to say the band's name" is that deep down you realised that this band are something special, but your 'indier than thou' disposition refused to allow your ears to process this information to your brain. Your ears refused to listen so in a moment of, dare i say it - blind envy, your eyes made a series of rash judgements that transpired to be fundamentally hypocritical.

If you simply didn't like them you surely wouldnt have been compelled to post about them. The reason you picked out the singer in particular is because you havent got what he has, and that "pains" you. You think it should be you up there. And if it was you'd love it. But it's not. So you hate them.

ha ha ha "indier than thou" :D if you knew some of the stuff I listened to and enjoyed, you prob wouldn't say that! Once it has a good tune, I'll like it. Also, I didn't find the band's music to be anything special. Mediocre indie rock. Meh.

And as for saying I'm jealous, I have no real asperations for my music. I do it simply because it's something i enjoy doing that's not work, not coz i wanna be a rock god and hang out in Lillies snorting coke off supermodels. I sincerely hope I haven't got what the singer has coz the world has enough big egos as it is.

Always funny when people tie themselves in knots defending their friends in bands

nine acre dust said:

Come on in (from the dark).

Gooday to you sir.

roxy said:
band_main_mainline.jpg
My bro saw these lads at Trinity Ball - said they were complete cunts.

As someone on Thumped onces said, the fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth and eleventh Ramones.

nlgbbbblth said:
What about Midway Still's appalling cover of My Bloody Valentine's You Made Me Realise?
Seeing that performed live (they supported Mega City Four) was possibly my worst gig-going moment ever.

I love that.

Now,

I hate to slag bands, cuz you'd never know, someday they might turn around and sort out their little problems and become something good. Mainline are still fairly small fry, but they might go on to bigger things, and before that someone might tell them what they're doin wrong, and they might well fix those problems, and actually be good, if you know what I mean.

BUT.........

Someone please tell me what the craic is with their bass player?
He is the WORST bass player I've ever ever seen. I saw them once, in The Village, and he stood IN FRONT of the singer, snarling and posing like his god's gift. But LORD! Such shit playing!
There was never a fear of him breaking the bottom 3 strings, cuz HE NEVER FUCKIN' USED THEM! And even though he was playing these Fischer-Price bass lines, he still made mistakes. I hung my head in shame for bass players around the world.

But their lead guitarist was quite good. Drummer was very tight, and the keyboardy-sampler did some good work. But the bass player..............just plain shite.

ps. I meant to de-rep the Rags defender earlier, just cuz he tied himself in knots, but I accidently repped him instead, do'h!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back