Hgf + Lee County Killers @ Lazybird This Sunday (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
Alright...

...lining up in perfect formation for you this Sunday are TWO bands -

....THE LEE COUNTY KILLERS from the UK and the HOLY GHOST FATHERS from

Sligo/Dublin....The Leeee boyyyzzz are a drum n' guitar duo that play some

mean swampy bloozer punk while the HGF aren't strangers to us or that

particular sound area, this time they say they'll be doing a completely

IMPROV set from the tops of their heads and the bottom of their

souls...yes, kick it will. They should be on round 10.15 while the LCK's

are onstage round 9.30....

As ever, 4 Euronics gets your head in the door.

~Lazybird~

Latex lizzie said:
..the last time I saw phill from hgf in lazybird he looked like he'd swallowed a plate.

..I love that guy.
He's like an exclamation mark in a t-shirt.

Latex lizzie said:
..the last time I saw phill from hgf in lazybird he looked like he'd swallowed an E.

..I love that guy.
I hear he's eight feet tall and breathes wakame and eats scottish families for breakfeast.

speaking of swallowing e's: a friend of mine from the midlands once met a a youngster fairly monged out of it and asked him was he ok? young mong sez "yeah i took half a e and half a acid". me mate sez "takin drugs is yer own business but could you at least do it in a grammatically correct fashion".... :D

Only heard today the LEEs are playing Lazybird..
Their publicist didnt even know...
Who's keeping this "Sweet Nothing" stuff secret and why???
It's a bit like the Sights gig in the Sugar Club.. and
Gallon Drunks gig of last year...

know-one tells anyone sweet nothing these daze...

Excellent stuff though...

ElderLemon said:
Where is this lazybird place and can you get a wheelchair in it?
Upstairs International bar....on Wicklow St..4 squid in. Bring some food for us, we're starving !!!!!! Starts 8.30 p.m.

ElderLemon said:
Where is this lazybird place and can you get a wheelchair in it?
Good point.... there is a serious lack of venues that are wheelchair accessible. I know most people don't give a shit about this as it doesn't affect them, but it's a big piece of crap that pretty much means that any gig that happens in Dublin isn't accessible to a wheelchair user.

The Immortal Lee County Killers were amazing. Best gig of the weekend by a country mile and one of the best of the year.

billygannon said:
Good point.... there is a serious lack of venues that are wheelchair accessible. I know most people don't give a shit about this as it doesn't affect them, but it's a big piece of crap that pretty much means that any gig that happens in Dublin isn't accessible to a wheelchair user.

The Immortal Lee County Killers were amazing. Best gig of the weekend by a country mile and one of the best of the year.

yup.Twas a great show alright..for two guys they sure made a racket. Pity the quality on the c.d is quite poor..but hey.

billygannon said:
i liked them as well. it's always fun when you go to a gig on the spur of the moment, with no real idea of what it's going to be like, and it turns out as enjoyable as that.

minka said:
i liked them as well. it's always fun when you go to a gig on the spur of the moment, with no real idea of what it's going to be like, and it turns out as enjoyable as that.
i thought they were cool too. it's not the kinda stuff i would listen too, but they but on a good show and really rock. nice guys too.
they'll be back in a few months, so make sure to check them out.

Those Lee boys were amazing. My favourite bit was when the drummer (JR?) played with the blindfold. I'm very glad we went on first and didn't have to follow them up :D. Have to get them to play Sligo when they come back seeing as its they're so into Yeats :)

Unclealo said:
Those Lee boys were amazing. My favourite bit was when the drummer (JR?) played with the blindfold. I'm very glad we went on first and didn't have to follow them up :D. Have to get them to play Sligo when they come back seeing as its they're so into Yeats :)
it sez up there that the lee county killers are from the uk...

they're not, they're from lee county, alabama, u. s. of a., and their names are (i shit you not) chet and j.r. and they fucking rock.

tom. said:
it sez up there that the lee county killers are from the uk...

they're not, they're from lee county, alabama, u. s. of a., and their names are (i shit you not) chet and j.r. and they fucking rock.

Top guys they are too!

Edit: I can't spell 'too'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back