MARLAY PARK - 15TH,16TH & 17TH JULY 2016

KENDRICK LAMAR * MAJOR LAZER * THE NATIONAL
JAMIE XX * FATHER JOHN MISTY * CHVRCHES
TYLER, THE CREATOR * RÓISÍN MURPHY
ACTION BRONSON * COURTNEY BARNETT * A$AP FERG * MØ
ALL TVVINS * REJJIE SNOW * OTHERKIN
PLEASURE BEACH * SAINT SISTER

TICKETS ON SALE NEXT FRIDAY 29TH JANUARY AT 9AM

Longitude returns to Marlay Park from 15 - 17 July, headliners each day as follows.

Kendrick Lamar headlines the festival’s opening night on Friday 15th July. The Grammy award winning rapper released his critically acclaimed album ‘To Pimp A Butterfly’ last year which debuted on top of the U.S. Billboard 200 chart and established Spotify’s global first day streaming record (9.6 million). Kendrick Lamar has received 11 nominations for this years Grammy Awards including Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Rap Album.

On Saturday 16th Major Lazer lead the line up. Their global smash hit ‘Lean On’ was recently named the most streamed song of all time and has been viewed over a billion times on YouTube while Diplo was named as the most Shazamed artist of 2015. The band are up for Best International Band at this years Brit Awards.

Closing the festival on Sunday 17th are The National. No strangers to these shores, the Ohio band released their latest album ‘Trouble Will Find Me’ on the back of a twenty-two month tour promoting their previous LP ‘High Violet’. ‘Trouble Will Find Me’ is The National's sixth album, and has been released to huge critical and commercial success, cemented by the band's celebrated live show.

Joining our headliners are Grammy nominated producer Jamie XX, Folk singer Father John Misty who released his globally acclaimed second record I Love You, Honeybear last year, electro pop trio Chvrches making a welcome return to the Marlay Park weekender, hip hop star Tyler, The Creator, Irish electronica singer Róisín Murphy, New York chef turned rapper Action Bronson, Courtney Barnett, who is nominated for Best International Female Artist at this years Brit Awards and A$AP Mob member A$AP Ferg.

Also on this summers line up sees Danish singer MØ returning toLongitude and will be joined at the festival by some top Irish acts including Dublin synth pop duo All Tvvins, rapper Rejjie Snow, punk quartet Otherkin, Belfast dream pop band Pleasure Beach and athmosfolk pairing Saint Sister.

For further festival information see:

www.longitude.ie

looking a bit electric picnic this year

It annoys me that they only put days for the headliners.
A couple of acts I like and would be interested in seeing but not too fussed if I decide not to go. It all depends on how the days work out.

Kendrick Lamar though, surprised an Irish festival managed to have the wherewithal to book him.

The Sunday lineup is looking excellent now. It should get the thumped punch of approval

Longitude%20Main.jpg

Last edited:
CnO56K_WAAA1VLd.jpg

I could easily have a good time at that Sunday line up. Haven't been tempted by anything in Marlay Park in over a decade.

I'd like to see Kendrick and Roisín Murphy but not gonna bother.

I wonder is Kendrick's live band any better than the faceless session lads he had a few years back? I assume Thundercat and Kamasi Washington don't back him up live.

Up until I started hearing ads for this on the radio I have spent my life believing it was pronounced "longtitdude".

How they must have been secretly laughing at me in the boat club while I told them of my global adventures.

I have never heard a Kendrick Lamaar song in my life. The Friday and Saturday line ups are completely alien to me tbh. But I could make it from Rusangano Family to Roisin Murphy on sunday with a good run, 90 minutes between Christine and the Queens and Kurt Vile to eat food and take selfies.

Didn't need the temptation. No competition tickets going @pete ?

yeah, same, 1-day tickets went on sale today for the sunday. Tempted, but didn't go for it in the end.

tbh, I'd be paying 65 quid to see Courtney Barnett and whatever else I know up front isn't terrible.

Which doesn't leave a whole lot. At least Roisin Murphy clashes with the National so people have something else to do than be bored shitless by them.

Id love to see Kendrick Lamar the Friday,but havent had much success in my hunt for a freebie so far.Went in to catch Danny Brown last year which was deadly,highlight of the day was flocks of high fuckers post Chemical Brothers queueing up to try to
rub Garda horses

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back