hershey's chocolate tastes like vomit: discuss (1 Viewer)

too sour? But it's all sugar from what I remember?

Well, there's cocoa in there too, I would guess.
Most of the major players are secretive about their processes.

Hershey's finds it very difficult to gain market share in countries out foreign where English and European chocolate has gained any kind of a foothold - Commonwealth countries etc.
It is generally Americans, who have grown up on it, that will opt for the Hershey bar.
Essentially, most other people prefer the good stuff.

its mental how big marketing can transcend quality, like most people would assume hersheys chocolate is real high qulaity stuff just on the brand name and image alone.

Just because people buy something all the time doesn't mean they like it particularly. No one thinks that Ryanair or Tesco or McDonalds or Microsoft are really any good, but they'll still spend their money and consume those products/services.

Its more to do with the very American business strategy of being huge and dominating the marketplace. Besides coming up with a brand logo to plaster onto products, the "Being Huge" strategy has very little to do with the marketing of a product as being of good quality.
People don't think that Hershey's is a particularly good confectioner, but people do think that if-they're-so-big-then-they-must-be-ok-at-what-they-do. And so, they'll buy the product, because it's "ok". Basically.

That being said, I don't think that Hershey's tastes like vomit.

Hershey's make these boys:
reeses.jpg

For that, i like them. And i like Hershey's chocolate anyway.

Just because people buy something all the time doesn't mean they like it particularly. No one thinks that Ryanair or Tesco or McDonalds or Microsoft are really any good, but they'll still spend their money and consume those products/services.

Its more to do with the very American business strategy of being huge and dominating the marketplace. Besides coming up with a brand logo to plaster onto products, the "Being Huge" strategy has very little to do with the marketing of a product as being of good quality.
People don't think that Hershey's is a particularly good confectioner, but people do think that if-they're-so-big-then-they-must-be-ok-at-what-they-do. And so, they'll buy the product, because it's "ok". Basically.

That being said, I don't think that Hershey's tastes like vomit.

Quite. I don't think anyone thinks Hershey's is in any way the finest chocolate the world has to offer. For the most part it's just there, and it'll do. There's also a weirdly small choice of chocolate bars in American shops, relative to the fine spread our newsagents put out (even if it is dominated by three main brands).

I like any reason to bake/make/decorate stuff. If you're ever going to be at the same gig or something let me know. I'll bring some...they're easy and quick.

Nice one Jill, sounds like a plan. I have a craving for them now, think i'll get one at lunch.

I like any reason to bake/make/decorate stuff. If you're ever going to be at the same gig or something let me know. I'll bring some...they're easy and quick.

If only we needed car snacks this week... :)

Hersheys do Reese's Nutrageous too, beautiful.
The peanuty centre is smoother then a star bar and there's peanuts in the chocolate coating, beautiful. Aldi have started selling them, should have an extra layer in time for winter.

If only we needed car snacks this week... :)

Hersheys do Reese's Nutrageous too, beautiful.
The peanuty centre is smoother then a star bar and there's peanuts in the chocolate coating, beautiful. Aldi have started selling them, should have an extra layer in time for winter.

Car snacks. Check.
I'll make them bite size so it doesn't seem as bad. ;)

Maybe it's been said here, but...

Hershey's tastes the way it does because, during the Great Chocolate Wars, he failed to 'barize' the milk chocolate bar without turning the milk sour. As technology advanced in the 1800s, innovators turned their attention to making cocoa tastier and snackable. Many failed, but it was Mr. Nestlé or someone who got around the problem by making milk chocolate with powdered milk. Swiss engineering solved the problem.

Hershey on the other hand was too thick to get around the problem and instead created a market for mankified chocolate through mass advertising, which everyone now knows and loves. Or not.

Well, like, I don't know if this is true, someone tole me it.

It's mank, and tastes like ear wax, but I still load up on it when in the States.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back