Help the Tychos 'get a room' (2 Viewers)

Barrel OCarols

Website
Visit site
Hullo,

The Tycho Brahe are launching their forthcoming album 'Love Life' with a gig in Whelans on 26th September, the day of its release.

However, we also want to have a pre-release launch party, where we will play the album and guest DJ, but are having troube finding a location.

Basically, we're looking for a room that holds at least 100 people, costs little or nothing to hire, with a full bar and the option of hiring in a PA and decks. Somewhere reasonable central would be good. Doyles have hiked up their prices (€200) and the only room they have available at the weekend (i.e. Friday or SaturdaY) is too small. We can't afford The Odean (€350), nice as that would be...

So, we're looking for suggestions.

Sorry to disappoint anyone who read the suject line and was anticipating some girl-on-girl action with me and La Porcellist!!

Ta,
Carol

do you want to charge in? you can hire the downstairs room at the oak for nowt. people have to be able to come and go though. but its got a good sound system, full bar etc..

Does anyone know that capacity of these places?

Good suggestions all. Keep em coming. Tehn I'll make osme phone calls. Naturally, you'll all be invited!

mark said:
do you want to charge in? you can hire the downstairs room at the oak for nowt. people have to be able to come and go though. but its got a good sound system, full bar etc..

We're not charging in, but I'm not sure about having Joe Public sauntering through while we play with ourselves... then again. Will defo check out Toners and The Central.

i had a party upstairs in chaplins (across the road from the screen cinema) last year - i seem to remember it costing very little and the room being a reasonable size.

minka said:
i had a party upstairs in chaplins (across the road from the screen cinema) last year - i seem to remember it costing very little and the room being a reasonable size.

Cool. Thanks Minka. Chaplins checked out. More details later.

C.

Barrel O'Carols said:
We're thinking of Friday, 16th September - week before the Whelans gig...

Friday the 19th? We've this tenatively as a Ballroom (We rescheduled it from the 26th so as not to clash with your good selves, and to accomodate a band)...so it looks like the Lower Deck isn't an option for you :(

no worries

We've booked Chaplins. 60 squids and we can bring in a PA. S'alright!

Will post with all the details when I have them.

Cheers all,
C.

Barrel O'Carols said:
Will post with all the details when I have them.
Cheers all,
C.

Glad that's sorted so we can get to the more serious business of the girl-on-girl action.
I've got Aidan Walsh Films on standby, but he demands that Dee and Doe snuggle up too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back