help save the pirate bar!! please (1 Viewer)

subbuteo !

Website
Visit site
hey people,
please sign the petition, we were their twice with easpa measa once to play(2003) once to eat (2005) very friendly.
great place and people!

copied from else where.......

----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
Date: Jan 7, 2008 9:30 PM

-----------------
Date: Jan 7, 2008 7:21 PM

if you are local you can come to our demos if not then you can help by adding your signature to this petition. thanx for your support.

http://www.petitiononline.com/piraten/

Photobucket

the vloek/pirate bar is a squat in the hauge internationally know as the city of justice and peace....well its a lie. there is no justice while the local mayor backed up with local and national riot cops want to illegally evict a long standing squat...this squat apart from being a cosy home to some has an award winning vegan cafe (5 stars in food guide books) practice rooms to established and upcoming non profit bands/artist and theater groups. it hold shows charity events storage space and lots of other things. this is the last of its sort in the hauge.
squatting is not illegal in holland and neither are the activities that go on inside the building. this building is 100% legal and is stuck in the middle of a non residential area and has never had problems with any neighbours. this eviction is illegal and being done so as the area can be yuppiefied...yes as usual the rich will get richer of this and the poor will get nothing but being made homeless(its illegal to make anyone homeless in holland as it is to be homeless) please sign the petition as they do work in holland ...international signatures are most welcome as holland often gets embarressed by its illegal polotics and some poloticians do support the right to squat...if you leave a comment please mention that you thought the hauge was "the city of peace and justice"". an illegal action from the government to destroy peoples homes is not justice nor will it be peaceful

at the end of the day this building is a place where people who dont have a lot of money can go and enjoy good food and entertainment while at the same time have a cheap place to explore their creative sides that they wouldn't be able to do as rent for art studios/practices spaces etc are very expensive in holland.

just signed it .reccomend anyone reading this to do the same.great place .toxic waste played there last year.fucking amazing work put into it,nice people and nice food..|..|.|..|

got this in the post yesterday. great place in poznan also under thread of eviction.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]08.12.2007 - ALARM AT ROZBRAT!
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today, around 10 a.m. bailiff together with cops came to Rozbrat squat. The policemen drilled the lock of the gate, the bailiff had a court's permission to come in and estimate the price of the ground. The middle part of Rozbrat squat (including both concert halls, gallery, bars, library and part of the living area) was indebted for a long time by a company that doesn't exist anymore. The ground price evaluation today means that the ground can be auctioned witthin one or two months - that can mean the end of Rozbrat squat - the longest occupied space in Poland.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We'll keep you informed. We count on you being ready to organize solidarity actions by you and your groups!
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We're not gonna give up without fight!

please, be up to date, we are under threat of eviction.
info: www.rozbrat.org
[/FONT]

if you ask me it's no coincidence that all these places are closing around the same time. something big is goin down

Kid Blunt played there back in 2003 when they played den haag. They also played de blauwe aanslag there, which is now gone and was an amazing place.

if you ask me it's no coincidence that all these places are closing around the same time. something big is goin down

You gonna pull a vague anarchist conspiracy out of the hat?No wonder its a so misunderstood and stigmatised as a social structure for change.
I'm not too sure how effective Petitions are myself - getting the support if local community groups would benefit both parties - although the squat in Poznan has property developers on the case which is like trying to swim up a waterfall, unless the squatters have shithot legal support.
Signed.

Yeah, I hear this alot, even from friends in Europe about how there's some EU plan to have all the squats gone by 20xx. I mean obviously most governments and states would want rid of this infrastructure but the fact that so many of them are currently threatened is more to do with current social conditions and the current low level of social struggle in Europe than any conspiracy theory.

Not to mention the ridiculously poor sometimes non-existant communication between governments on important European issues like Belarus and abuse of human rights in other countries like Ukraine/UK.I doubt they've all pulled together to 'crush' squatters.
On the other hand some pretty smart and sneaky European property developers could be out for squatters blood and involved in trying to exploit that specific situation for their own benefit.Thats a conspiracy I'd lend an ear to.

jesus yeah that was a great place to.some of the same people as pirate bar.the fucking size of it was mad.will scan in some photos if i can find em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back