Help re: bass sound (1 Viewer)

re: rolling off the tone; i did yea but it just creates a dull sound with not much definition when playing anything a bit more intricate.

The action is already pretty low and the intonation is fine too. Like i say tho I did go for a heavier gauge string and it sounds a bit better... waiting on that pedal and the addition of my new pickup to see what the craic is - whats that LFP pedal you mentioned there?

BTW - You've all been very helpful boys n girls
thank you!!!

Oh, did I mention that I do callouts for the low, low price of a 6-pack of Zipfer Austrian beer?
Try adding definition back in at the amp/pedal after rolling off some tone on the guitar. It's like making a cake - one thing affects everything else. Uhhhh....

RED(tape)MENACE said:
Oh, did I mention that I do callouts for the low, low price of a 6-pack of Zipfer Austrian beer?
Try adding definition back in at the amp/pedal after rolling off some tone on the guitar. It's like making a cake - one thing affects everything else. Uhhhh....

Surely such quailty of service is far more deserving of the 6 for a fiver Tuborg treatment? ....'Because your worth it....'

Anyway - ill take that into consideration once the stuff arrives. Thanx again.... and again. .|..|
B x

If you're still having problems after your new pickups etc you could try one of these. You can use it like an eq pedal, solely as a DI, or as a distortion/booster pedal. Very versatile and very nice sounding.

SANSAMP%20BASS%20DRIVER%20DI.50.jpg

On the clackiness issue these are action/ string gauge issues. It usually happens when the strings hit the fret or pickup. Remember that those telecaster basses and nearly all fender basses were originally designed to be used with a pick-up guard to stop the strings hitting the pickup. And the unchanged designs don't account for the brighter roundwound strings

If you're a heavy player and you like to play over the pickup or up the neck then higher action/heavy string combo will help reduce the clackety clack Iron Maiden sound at the expense of playability and a little bit of level. Again most basses that are shipped from Korea/Mexico aren't setup properly and certainly aren't setup by the time they reach the shops.

(Did you know that Iron Maiden's Steve Harris uses flatwounds? Go figure)

Anyhow, at least your problems are small. This Man has many problems:

86748471_l.jpg

I just thought of something which is probably obvious but maybe not. If you're playing with a plec especially, hitting the strings between the pickup and the bridge gives a much brighter sound than playing between on the other side of the pickups. I think this is something that seems really obvious to guitar players but as a bassist it took me a long time to realise as the effect isn't as pronounced.

I'm not sure. I think they're about €250-300 new. I think I've seen them going for between €100 and 150 on ebay so €170 for a mint condition one seems fair although I would try and haggle that down a bit.

I got mine second hand in the US for around €100 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back