Help needed!!! (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
never released?

It was. I think their 4th single. In or around March/April 1991, after Suicide Alley, New Art Riot and You Love Us [1st issue - on Heavenly]. The 12" cost 3.99

It then appeared a year later on the b-side of the Slash N'Burn 7". Probably due to popular demand as pressings of the Motown Junk quickly vanished.

Motown Junk was the fourth release (after Suicide Alley, UK Channel Boredom and New Art Riot). It came before the Heavenly version of You Love Us. I only have it on a bootleg tape but like Ed I once nearly paid £50 sterling for it on vinyl in a moment of pure madness. It's on the greatest hits thingy but that's not incentive enough to buy it:(

Originally posted by Juno
Motown Junk was the third release after Suicide Alley, UK Channel Boredom and New Art Riot. It came before the Heavenly version of You Love Us. I only have it on a bootleg tape but like Ed I once nearly paid £50 sterling for it on vinyl in a moment of pure madness. It's on the greatest hits thingy but that's not incentive enough to buy it:(

I've got the greatest hits thingy(didn't buy it mind) it's actually quite good, that and the holy bible are all you really need. I've got the one with the bonus remixes cd, i've rarely liked any of the manics stuff that been remixed. There was a promo cd released in the states with all the remixes from timttmy on it which is quite good, but that purchase was more about me being an obsessive than anything else.

Ok, minor overstatement....
I always liked the way that there is a million syllables on every line of the album, so Its harder to sing along then Smashin pumpkins stuff. I.E> the prechorus bit in faster:
"I am idiot drug hive, the virgin, the tattered and the torn
Life is for the cold made warm and they are just lizards
Self-disgust is self-obsession honey and I do as I please
A morality obedient only to the cleansed repented"

Anyways, have they gone all 'born again' now or what? (I'm referring to that "there by the grace O' Gad" thingy...

Originally posted by captain anomie
Ok, minor overstatement....
I always liked the way that there is a million syllables on every line of the album, so Its harder to sing along then Smashin pumpkins stuff. I.E> the prechorus bit in faster:
"I am idiot drug hive, the virgin, the tattered and the torn
Life is for the cold made warm and they are just lizards
Self-disgust is self-obsession honey and I do as I please
A morality obedient only to the cleansed repented"

Favourite mad staccato phrasing bit (from 'Archives of Pain')

"Nail it to the house of Lords you will be buried in the same box as a killer"

and the whole chorus actually...

it's weird cos I had that song in my head walking into work this morning - the usual Monday morning buzz like.

I was supposed to delete the 'never released' bit of my post. oops

I meant it was the best released song I didnt get/couldnt find. Apart from UK channel boredom which I thought I found once but stupidly realised it was the Holy Grail!!

For a band to get so many people into reading some serious shit they would never have even heard of I respect that.

Like respect for people watchin Jackass and wanting to eat 150 eggs and 6 crates of bulmers..daft cnuts

Originally posted by Juno
Favourite mad staccato phrasing bit (from 'Archives of Pain')

"Nail it to the house of Lords you will be buried in the same box as a killer"

and the whole chorus actually...

it's weird cos I had that song in my head walking into work this morning - the usual Monday morning buzz like.

(Amid hissing noises and something that sounds like a door bell)
"Oi wunder oo yoo thinkyouahh, youdamnwell think yaww god aw somfin, god giveth liiife, god takethithawayy. not you, I think yooaww the devilitslf."
Dum dum dum dum dum dum dum d d dum dum d d dum dum
Dum dum dum dum dum dum dum d d dum dum d d dum dum

if haspitals quwa, thin prisans mast bring thea pain (the old woman is a lot easier to transcribe than JBD)

UBER bassline...

query

Nowt wrong wiffat.

just dont tell the DNA.

Just wondrin - does any one know where that quote comes from? or the one at the end of the album? (227 lears, and I cant remember the first line>>)

cheers ed - another one of life's mysteries off the shelf.
Know anything about the other quotes..?

the sample on Yes, "you can buy her....." is from a documentary about prostitution

the sample on Of Walking abortion, "i knew that someday i was gonna die...." is from ex-us president Lyndon Johnson

the sample on archives of pain, " i wonder who you think you are, You damn well think you're God or something..." is the voice of the mother of one of the girls killed by the yorkshire ripper

the sample on mausoleum, "I wanted to rub the human face in it's own vomit...." is J.G. Ballard

the sample on faster, " i hate purity, I hate goodness....." is from the film version of 1984

the sample at the start of motown junk, "revolution, revolution......" is from the Public Enemy track 'Revolutionary Generation' (on 'Fear Of A Black Planet)

the sample at the beginning of repeat, "london england, consider yourselves warned" is another public enemy track called 'Countdown to Armageddon' (on it takes a nation of millions to hold us back'

there's a few more but those are the main ones.

Originally posted by Ed
the sample on archives of pain, " i wonder who you think you are, You damn well think you're God or something..." is the voice of the mother of one of the girls killed by the yorkshire ripper

some people thought that S.Y.M.M. was about the Yorkshire ripper.

I read an interesting book about the ripper some years ago. Written by a guy from Athlone who is convinced that Sutcliffe was a copy cat murderer who was only responsible for killing the last 3 or 4 victims and agreed to admit to the lot in exchange for a dodgy police deal.
According to the book the real ripper is Irish and is still at large. The book, while sensationalist in parts, paints a hugely convincing picture that this theory is true. I was sceptical before reading it. Not afterwards though.
I remember that no publisher would touch the book so you had to buy it directly from the author via the post.

ED - you werent involved in the making that album by any chance....

Nope, just a manics obsessive, got pretty much everything they've ever recorded(not all originals obviously)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back