Help needed!!! (1 Viewer)

thickaspigshit

Website
Visit site
Can anyone scan for liddle ol me, the Hotpress front cover (with the Stripes on) and the pages with the interview. I dont have the facilities and if I tried to do it in an internet cafe I would balls the size, properties whatever up.

COuld anyone do this for em perlease its for my own use.

And I have bought the mag if Hotpress pplare gonna complain.

Would anyone be so kind???

Dont wanna preach cos ya all have your own ting but they are the best band ive seen/heard live this year.

Would love to see them somewhere small...like Whelans

...dreams.

Most people hear one or two songs by a band and they dont like it so they hate/dislike that band.

I used to detest Stone Roses (cardinal sin i guess) and the whole baggy era cos I was big into the Manics around 1992, now I hear (annoyingly) a couple of the same Roses songs in Whelans and I dont mind em so much now.

I tolerate them cos my children could be next..ahem

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..see I was the other way around..still hate the manics though all their songs make my brain squint.

I agree that the Manics now are an embarrassment to both themselves and anyone who ever bought 'The Holy Bible' but they were deadly back in the day:) Well, apart from some of 'Gold Against the Soul' which not even I (total Manics disciple that I was) could stand...though 'Roses in the Hospital' always takes on a much more profound meaning for me around the last week of August every year (clue: Marty Whelan, Tralee etc)

..everyone made way too much of a big deal over richie manics dissapearing act too. Legend has it that he now works in a quick fit exhaust place on the longmile rd. if you are a fan I'm sure you can chat about the old days etc.. and get a top notch exhaust fitted into the bargin.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..everyone made way too much of a big deal over richie manics dissapearing act too. Legend has it that he now works in a quick fit exhaust place on the longmile rd. if you are a fan I'm sure you can chat about the old days etc.. and get a top notch exhaust fitted into the bargin.

I wonder if he does tractors?...

I agree in a lot of ways bein a disciple meself, still consider them class. When I heard S.Y.M.M. tho I did think it was wearing a bit thin. A song essentially about a tragedy at my personal place of worship (every 2nd saturday) was a bag of shite. Shouldntve been attempted even as a b-side.

Can anyone scan for liddle ol me, the Hotpress front cover (with the Stripes on) and the pages with the interview. I dont have the facilities and if I tried to do it in an internet cafe I would balls the size, properties whatever up.

Oi pigshit - if you can wait until termorrer everning I'll do dis for you. Providing I remember to bring th HP in to work with me o' course... brain like a feckin sieve me...

I too did not get the stripes until quite recently - jeebus but Phantom are playing the latest yoke off the air - good tune though. Methinks I'll be adding the elephant to the list of 'must buys'...

Originally posted by thickaspigshit
I agree in a lot of ways bein a disciple meself, still consider them class. When I heard S.Y.M.M. tho I did think it was wearing a bit thin. A song essentially about a tragedy at my personal place of worship (every 2nd saturday) was a bag of shite. Shouldntve been attempted even as a b-side.

So true - there was nothing redeeming about it.

Have to say 7 nation army didnt sell it for me like a single should its just the whole album is just so so good from start to finish. I cant pick a worst or a best song it depends what mood youre in.

I know the name of the Stripes wasnt too popular amongst the masses, but at least theyre getting listened to by the listeners a bit more nowadays and I dont mean the Pop Idolisers.

I caught the Top 30 the other day whilst makin summat in the kitchen and they totally skipped over no.22 seven nation army and played the pop/disco/cheesey crap songs at 21 and 23.

Some things dont change.

p.s. Wish Phantom would play other tracks off the album.

p.p.s. Perky the pig, tommerrorr evening would be very grandly appreciated.

Originally posted by Juno
I agree that the Manics now are an embarrassment to both themselves and anyone who ever bought 'The Holy Bible' but they were deadly back in the day:) Well, apart from some of 'Gold Against the Soul' which not even I (total Manics disciple that I was) could stand...though 'Roses in the Hospital' always takes on a much more profound meaning for me around the last week of August every year (clue: Marty Whelan, Tralee etc)

aye they were deadly
but the slagging that people used get for liking them was unreal.
the were really pushed by the likes of Melody Fakir and NME which pissed off a large % of people. maybe,

Gold isn't wonderful but has good parts. The Holy Bible is cool. Motown Junk is one the best songs ever.

Gold isn't wonderful but has good parts. The Holy Bible is cool. Motown Junk is one the best songs ever.

True about Gold (in its time definitely, tho James especially doesnt like it much).
True(tho maybe cool isnt a word ive heard used for this album.:p ).
Motown Junk is still the best song never (to be) released. So many great lines in such a short fuckin song :-

NEVER EVER WANTED TO BE WITH YOU
THE ONLY THING YOU GAVE ME WAS THE BOREDOM I SUFFOCATED IN OOH
ADRIFT IN CHEAP DREAMS DON'T STOP THE RAIN
NUMBED OUT IN PISS TOWNS JUST WANNA DIG THEIR GRAVES OOH

MOTOWN, MOTOWN JUNK
I LAUGHED WHEN LENNON GOT SHOT
TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF LIVING AND NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING TO ME

MOTOWN JUNK A LIFETIME OF SLAVERY
SONGS OF LOVE ECHO UNDERCLASS BETRAYAL
STOPS YOUR HEART BEATING FOR 168 SECONDS
STOPS YOUR BRAIN THINKING FOR 168 SECONDS
MOTOWN JUNK, MOTOWN JUNK, MOTOWN JUNK, MOTOWN JUNK

I DON'T WANT 'COS I JUST GET
ALL YOUR SLUT HEROES OFFER IS A FEAR OF THE FUTURE OOH
PAST MADE USELESS 'COS I'M DYING NOW
COMMUNAL TYRANNY A JAIL THAT BLEEDS OUR WRISTS OOH
MOTOWN, MOTOWN JUNK
I LAUGHED WHEN LENNON GOT SHOT
TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF LIVING AND NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING TO ME

motown junk was released, i came stupidly close to buying it for an obsecene amount of money once.
I still can't hate the manics, gold against the soul is patchy(i got the nice gold cd of it). I liked generation terrorists because it reminded me so much of guns 'n' roses(the first band i ever loved, appetite for destruction was my first album). I've seen em a silly amount of times, and i'll still go see em at witnness this year.

Originally posted by thickaspigshit
Motown Junk is still the best song never (to be) released. So many great lines in such a short fuckin song :-

never released?

It was. I think their 4th single. In or around March/April 1991, after Suicide Alley, New Art Riot and You Love Us [1st issue - on Heavenly]. The 12" cost 3.99

It then appeared a year later on the b-side of the Slash N'Burn 7". Probably due to popular demand as pressings of the Motown Junk quickly vanished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back