Help - Injured Bird in Garden... (1 Viewer)

roxy

Website
Visit site
Just walking out the front door to work there and there's a magpie sitting in the grass in my front garden. Just sitting. Clearly hurt as no bird would sit there with a human in such close proximity. I couldn't walk out the gate and leave it. But I dont know what to do. I'm googling but I'm still not sure.

It's still sitting there. Poor thing. :(

Should I take it out of the garden and put it out of harms in the shed til until I can maybe take it to a vet later?

Gonna ring the vet's office and see what they suggest but has anyone else had to do wild animal rescue before?

Could easily be late for work here but can't leave it. Moral dilemma. Ho hum.

ah shit, poor little mite.

maybe put him in a shoe box with some warm towels in it? the vet would have better advice, but if you need to wait til you can bring him somewhere, i reckon that would be ok. and leave some bread and water in there too?

my only experience with a desperate dash to the vet is when my dog had epileptic fits, i dont know much about birds. hope he gets better.

nature, red in tooth and claw... a bird that can't fly is, essentially, fucked

myself and another thumpedee had exactly the same dilemma a while ago

solved by dropping a rock on its head, on the advice of a vet

no word of a lie

we're both vegetarians, too

Oh fuck I just looked and it's not sitting upright anymore. :(

Ah God nooo.

Oh no wait. Looked closer and it just had its head tucked under its wing. Thank jaysus.

Right, I'm goin in to get my hands pecked. Wish me luck.

tom. said:

no word of a lie

but he might not have a broken wing, he might just be sick. and no, i dont mean bird flu, but you know what i mean?

La La said:
but he might not have a broken wing, he might just be sick. and no, i dont mean bird flu, but you know what i mean?

yeah it's probably just sick. just pop it into the microwave for 30 seconds, it'll be grand

We used to always find birds like this when I was small. Used to just get a large-ish cardboard box and put it in there with bread and a little dish of water, they'd always get better after a while. It was pretty cool because after a while they'd get used to you and start walking across your legs if you sat down near them.

So yeah, stick him in a box, give it bread and water, and if he looks proper fucked bring him to the vet.

tom. said:

no word of a lie

you weren't vegetarian at the time... and who had to do the dirty deed? vegetarian muggins here, that's who.

injured_woman.jpg

"Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

I once dropped a rock on a crow's head. It'd been shot. I didn't feel good about it, but what else can one do? It's a wild animal and all that.

Another time I pulled a robin out of my cat's mouth, we stuck it in the bird house and fed it and eventually it got it's health back and flew away. That was nice.

Yeah...eh, it just stood up and kangaroo-hopped through the garden and out the gate and it currenly hopping down the road in a merry way. It's no longer on my turf so the moral dilemma isn't what it was. It looks perky enough, I'm sure it'll be fine, probably was just stunned.

Grand job.

Begob, there's me bus, as Myles na gCopaleen would say.

Must leggit.

Later y'all.
:)

in the space of two days(last week), two birds flew into the windows at the back of my house and died instantly. one evening i came home and it was lying on the ground(neck broken) and the next night i was sitting there having some grub when i hear this tudd on the window. i looked out, saw some feathers in the air and there, on the ground was a second poor mite.

weird stuff.

tripoli said:
in the space of two days(last week), two birds flew into the windows at the back of my house and died instantly. one evening i came home and it was lying on the ground(neck broken) and the next night i was sitting there having some grub when i hear this tudd on the window. i looked out, saw some feathers in the air and there, on the ground was a second poor mite.

weird stuff.
walt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back