Hello, my name is Patrick J. Bateman (1 Viewer)

Phil said:
The film didn't really havr anything to it. It was like a montage of the most filmable scenes from the book.

I'd almost agree with you there. But just think... The majority of those great films you love, somewhere out there is a better 'version' of it in print!

For those that loved the book, Bret Easton Ellis's new book "Lunar Park" is out. It's semi-autobiographical and the Patrick Bateman character resurfaces (in a way) and he talks alot about "American Psycho". It's a great read.

And for anyone who didn't know, Patrick Bateman's brother Seán is the main character of another of Ellis' books called "The Rules Of Attraction", which is also fantastic.

End.

WARNING!!!! CONTAINS SPOILER

I recently got through Lunar Park. Great book. SPOILER [IN BLACK]: It's actually not autobiographical at all. With the exception of the the details about his books in chapter one, to "set the scene", everything else is COMPLETELY fictional. He even says it in the first or second chapter that he never ever wants to write an autobiography.The "autobiography" device is just a way to give it some atmosphere and "sell" the reality a little.
Just like Fargo, by the coen brothers in that respect.

lunar park is the first bret easton ellis book that i didn't find horrendously boring. i even considered doing my thesis on it for about five minutes.

More Spoilers: Yes. For a start, Google his wife's name or look on the IMDB for his wife [Jayne Dennis]. Try and find out where he lives, how many kids he has etc. Or just look up some indepth reviews of the book/the man. All fiction. Here, read this

:)

i'd fuckin murder a sausage roll about now. wish i had a few quid on me. Let's see what we have... 1...2...3....3.10...3.20...3.30.... that should be enough for one or two of the jumbos at least, and some red sauce, cheapo bastards charging for the sauce satchels, not in my day mind you... why's it so dark in here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back