Hello, my name is Patrick J. Bateman (1 Viewer)

Borscht

Website
www.irishpsychicslive.com
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. . Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

I've a mate from Greystones called Patrick Bateman. Well everyone calls him Paddy.

I just thought I'd share that:confused:

the follow up with the Jackie from That Seventies Show is great. She really shines as an actress.
American Psycho II: All American Girl

mptv1.gif

mptv1.gif

I think if u havn't read the book then the film is prob good etc
Any book I have read first then the film always seems shallow.

I read some of the book but I just couldn't put the effort into reading about a character I despised so much. I enjoyed the film though.

Read the book after seeing the film. Don't see what the big deal is with these kinda stances. that whole "i-read-the-book-before-the-film-and-i-think-the-book-is-far-superior" stance is such an easy line to take. They're different media - they're not designed to be comparable.

B

I think i probably watched the lot of it, or most of it.
Nothing compared to the original film, just another hollywood cash-in from what i saw.And a crap one to boot!
Bi tliek Lethal Weapon 5 or something...cept with that tit from the 70's show...They should have named it something completely different.

piratio said:
Read the book after seeing the film. Don't see what the big deal is with these kinda stances. that whole "i-read-the-book-before-the-film-and-i-think-the-book-is-far-superior" stance is such an easy line to take. They're different media - they're not designed to be comparable.

B

The film didn't really havr anything to it. It was like a montage of the most filmable scenes from the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back