heartworm re-release (1 Viewer)

they came SO close to breaking big time in england, I was there the summer/autumn of the heartworm tours and everyone was rabid over them (punters, press and industry types alike) and then... nothing for a couple of years.

By the time they came back no-one cared anymore.

giger-carcass.jpg

?

Jim A. Morrish said:
they came SO close to breaking big time in england, I was there the summer/autumn of the heartworm tours and everyone was rabid over them (punters, press and industry types alike) and then... nothing for a couple of years.

By the time they came back no-one cared anymore.
I met em on that tour - wankers big time.Heartworm is a great album though - have`nt heard it in years.
We rushed the stage here in limeirck, well i ran on stage for the laugh and a load of other piss heads followed me(90% of the venue i think), and a load of peddles got nicked in the chaos.Someone even managed to rob a guitar in the middle of it all.God knows how they got it out the club.Robbing shit is just sad though.

A great night though.1996 i think.

saw them numerous times. favourite gig was when they supported the pumpkins in the SFx.

1994???

saw them for the first time at feile 91.

can't listen to heartworm any more buh'

someone should re-release the EPs.

Jim A. Morrish said:
they came SO close to breaking big time in england, I was there the summer/autumn of the heartworm tours and everyone was rabid over them (punters, press and industry types alike) and then...
And then the album just didn't sell. So their relationship with their label was terminated.
I think, funny enough, it was the video for "We don't need nobody else" that ruined them - not the footage from Feile, the other one with yer man in a moving armchair. Such a stupid video for such a brilliant song. Bad mistake, fellers

did they not break up cos they just hated each other? i never saw em live but heard stories of 2 of the band on one side of the stage and 2 on the other just leering at each other the odd time

nEiLo said:
saw them numerous times. favourite gig was when they supported the pumpkins in the SFx.

1994???

saw them for the first time at feile 91.

can't listen to heartworm any more buh'

someone should re-release the EPs.
I saw them numerous times around the beginning of the 1990s.
The Underground and the New Inn being particularly memorable
They did a few good supports then too; Loop or was that Therapy??

The EPs came out on Cheree records - rereleasing them would put a stop to the (high) prices that they sometimes go for.

ratmonkey said:
One of them has a thing called Empire, was supposed to play in the Triskel and then didn't, but that's about all I know about it.
cheers:) know what he sounds like? one of the griffin brothers yeah?

empire is called "the radio" or something now. stephen is the name of the ex-RS guy. their album is coming out soon

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back