Head pain while singing (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Was practising last night, roaring my head off "singing" a new Stoat tune and then when we finished I realised my heart was racing and I was all sweaty and then BANG a monstrous throbbing pain in the back of my head, like a wicked hangover. Eased off after around 10 mins but I still feel kinda woozy and a little achy today

Has this happened to anyone else ever? Should I be worried?

Yep usually at gigs but sometimes in practice too maybe because of the heat..
Get bright lights in front of my eyes and feel like Im going to pass out.
I put it down to smoking for some reason..
Do you smoke?

weird, could have sworn I just posted something on this thread but it's not come up.

Anyway..blah blah blah,yep, have roared my head off in lots of bands over the years and had no problem but the whole time I was in Serpents, I would get these stabbing pains in my head and basically feel like I was going to pass out the whole time.hasn't happened in in band before or since.

This happened to me playing a gig about 4 weeks ago. It was a really loud gig and as I was screaming/singing, I felt a warm gushy feeling in the back of my head. Ever since, I have been having headaches.

The first week of headaches were really bad...at the end of the 1st week, I went to the doctor, who put me on difene & solpadene (great stuff, couldn't feel a thing) because he reckoned it was some sort of muscle swelling and encroaching on bone...I was just glad it wasn't something scary like internal bleeding. I was on the drogs for a week, but when I came off them I was still getting headaches...milder, but still there...I'm gonna go back to the doctor soon if they don't go away.

By the way I never get headaches so its new to me. Hopefully its just muscle strain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back