have you got nice food at work/school/college? (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
ive just had a very disheartening chicken and cabbage pie with manky roast spuds and carrots and turnips. every day that i go down to that stupid canteen they serve ganky stodge, today was worse though because the cashier dropped 20cents into my dinner and then punctured the crust on the pie with her finger while attempting to get it out again.

in my other job the food isnt too bad, and costs about the same as this muck.

We've a guy who comes in every lunchtime and sets up a stall on a table selling the blandest sammitches you ever ate. Oh and the worst muchroom soup you'll ever throw back up. Unsurprisingly most everyone brings in a lunch with them.

my school tuck shop sells boigaz at lunchtime. they introduced a veggie one but no one eats that cos it's cooked on the same tray as the others...
they sell lovely scones and chocolate milk. and lidls is right beside my school so my teeth are well on the way to rotsburg.

holy crap, i was at DKIT for 3 years until 2005. the food in the canteen was terrible i swear

i think if they had [insert food here] left over (even on plates) that they'd just serve it the next day

it was bad. it was always an election policy of people for student union but nothing ever changed

i guess student union presidents are like real politicians,,,,,

answer: no

todays lunch = 1 x snickers, 1 x bag manhattan dry roasted peanuts, 1 x bag walkers fancy johnny foreigner flavoured crisps.

i'm off the coke though. not had a drop in 8 days.

ballyfermot has nowhere to go for lunch bar the chipper and spar & both are always populated by scumbag school-goers. the canteen in college does sausage rolls. and soup. and the usual confectionary. so, if you don't bring in food, you are fucked

Our company is only 100 people and the four lads who started the business are all millionares as a result, and we STILL have to pay e10 a month for tea out of our wages.

I have to pay €7 a month out of my wages for milk.
Despite the company I work for being a subsidiary of the fifth biggest bank in the world.

Our company is only 100 people and the four lads who started the business are all millionares as a result, and we STILL have to pay e10 a month for tea out of our wages.

I have to pay €7 a month out of my wages for milk.
Despite the company I work for being a subsidiary of the fifth biggest bank in the world.

can you opt out of this payment and go without the tea/milk? the job with the chicken and cabbage pie is in a college so thats just the poxy canteen food - in the office theres always plenty free tea and instant coffee as well as a seemingly never-ending supply of chocolate biscuits. jacobs variety boxes - that kind of thing.

While I sympathise with all of you...

in my work have a kettle and one of those mini fridges... that's it.

We buy our own milk and coffee or tea. We have to provide or buy our own lunch. We are in the city centre so that isn't a problem but it is a bit of a pain not having a microwave. It would be handy for bringing in warm meals, soup etc.

While I sympathise with all of you...

in my work have a kettle and one of those mini fridges... that's it.

We buy our own milk and coffee or tea. We have to provide or buy our own lunch. We are in the city centre so that isn't a problem but it is a bit of a pain not having a microwave. It would be handy for bringing in warm meals, soup etc.

do you work in reads photo copy place on nassau st? ive heard their staff facilities are appalling.

i have to buy my own meals too i just wish that for the money i would be served something tasty and that provided at least the illusion of nutrition.

No, but ironically I work just around the corner from it, on South Frederick Street.

I work for a charity so I guess I can't really complain too much. Thinking of buying a microwave for everyone for Christmas :)

In school the canteen is crap. No veggie options except Melon cocktail. And the meat stuff looks mank anyway. They sell nice Yoghurts though. Usually just bring my own lunch in rather than eat out of that place.

Works dire as well. We have a vending machine

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back