Haugesund, Norway (1 Viewer)

guy of the tiger

Ok, well I might as well post some info on this since I was there this December.

Ryanair fly to Haugesund airport which is in the south of Norway (so it doesn't have those crazy 6month day/night seasons. It's kinda near Bergen, but not really.

The town is pretty small, kilkenny sized population. But its nice, especially when it snows (which it did)

People are nice and friendly except for one guy who wanted to pick a fight because he thought I was taking photos of him. But you get dicknuts everywhere, so we'll just ignore him.

It's very very expensive. Don;t be suprised if your asked for 8 euro for 440ml of beer. We did wind one put that sold 440ml for around 5euro.

Even groceries are expensive.

thats it. was only there for the weekend.

oh, also if you make snowmen, dont let them out of your sight because they will be stolen.

zeelander said:
Awesome. And remember everybody- you need a passport to go to Norway :D I wish to see photos of snowmen with their passports please and thank you.
ohh all right then

zeelander said:
Awesome. And remember everybody- you need a passport to go to Norway :D I wish to see photos of snowmen with their passports please and thank you.
you need your passport to go blaydin anywhere, EU me hole.

we had to sleep in dover ferryport cos my gimp of a friend lost his a while back, and they wouldnt let him on the ferry.

and then they didnt even check the rest of ours.

fuckbots

was this coming to Ireland from the UK? They are completely not allowed to do that, he should complain.

Why have airlines etc decided to contravene previously arranged passport agreements between Britain and Ireland (i.e. you do not need a passport, there is free travel between both) in the past couple of years? What if you don't have a passport, and you don't have a drivers licence becuase you don't have a car? Nuts it is. So you can't travel freely as was intended.

Wavioli said:
you need your passport to go blaydin anywhere, EU me hole.

we had to sleep in dover ferryport cos my gimp of a friend lost his a while back, and they wouldnt let him on the ferry.

and then they didnt even check the rest of ours.

fuckbots

kirstie said:
was this coming to Ireland from the UK? They are completely not allowed to do that, he should complain.

Why have airlines etc decided to contravene previously arranged passport agreements between Britain and Ireland (i.e. you do not need a passport, there is free travel between both) in the past couple of years? What if you don't have a passport, and you don't have a drivers licence becuase you don't have a car? Nuts it is. So you can't travel freely as was intended.
no it was dover to france. No problems before that, but he did lose it on the train from london to dover. I might also add that Dover was the furthest (and therefore most stupid place to lose it) we could have gone without there being an Irish embassy, so he had to go all the way back to dublin to get a new passport. He also then left the phone off the hook in his house for the next few days so we had no idea what he was at. Nearly ruined that holiday he did.

he sounds like a very together young man.

Wavioli said:
no it was dover to france. No problems before that, but he did lose it on the train from london to dover. I might also add that Dover was the furthest (and therefore most stupid place to lose it) we could have gone without there being an Irish embassy, so he had to go all the way back to dublin to get a new passport. He also then left the phone off the hook in his house for the next few days so we had no idea what he was at. Nearly ruined that holiday he did.

yeh after that he went to visit relatives in germany with his girlfriend, and we were going to meet up again in prague. but he gave us the wrong number in germany so we wasted a whole day in Budapest trying to ring him. ggrrrrrrr. anyways all in the past now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back