Has anyone been watching Nathan Barley? (1 Viewer)

Website
www.kidblunt.com
Is it any good?

I saw one episode last night on E4 and it was feckin funny. I'd been waiting for a new Chris Morris show for ages and then when it happened I seemed to have to have something to do every Friday... Also I heard it was shit from someone.

I only saw part of friday's but what I did see made me nearly fall off the couch laughing:

I've got a hunch you'd like a big munch / you drift off, I'll have a scoff / going dahhnn saff, saff with me maaafff

also

I kicked her brown door in and painted it white on the way back out.

Genius. The rest of it might be shit but the sex rap has made that series for me.

its repeated on modays on e4.

first episode was good but it seams to be drifting. second episode was not great. third was better. maybe he is only good at satire and not sit-coms.
that being said brass eye / day today are still top notch.

Very disappointing I thought, cos I love the other writer, Charlie Brooker who did tvgohome.com and writes tv reviews for the Guardian Weekend mag.

If you know loads of wanky media types I'd say you'd probably find it hilarious. I don't.

Chris Morris hasn't done anything funny since Brass Eye. Jam was dire. Except that bit where Kilroy Silk went mental in a shopping centre.

Catwoman said:
If you know loads of wanky media types I'd say you'd probably find it hilarious.

It's totally geared towards this.
Definitely not a classic - and definitely not Chris Morris' best work. But I think it's cool that he's taking the piss out of the very people who worship everything he did.

Got the Day Today DvD a couple of months ago. It's not as funny as I remembered it to be. It has some comedy gold moments, as does Brass Eye.
Jam was brilliant at times, but again, not as good as Morris' earlier stuff.

Is Armando Ianucci involved in Nathan Barley? He's hilarious.

AAA Golden Maverick said:

Just did some research on that

I can confirm that Armando Ianucci is not, I repeat not, on the credits for Nathan Barley. That's probably the missing ingredient.

AAA Golden Maverick said:

He's brilliant. I thought the Day Today was deadly, esp the Lord of the Flies thing on the crashed train.

Two problems with Nathan Barley:
1. Charlie Brooker is only funny when he's angry and can cobble together adjectives using swear-words. For me, it doesn't get any funnier than when he describes gadgets as "pointless overpriced digital fuckery-foo" and the like.
2. Chris Morris is actually shit at directing stuff like this. For more evidence see: the hit-and-miss nature of Jam and his "My Wrongs" short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back