Harmonic & Dolittle present The Prosperous Market feat: James Yorkston & ........ (1 Viewer)

Harmonic & Dolittle presents
The Prosperous Market
Featuring: James Yorkston
Lisa O’Neill, Seamus Fogarty,Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh & more live music
The Workmans Club, Saturday December 8th
Market starts 2pm. Live Music: 3pm

Tickets on sale Thursday October 25th priced €15 (including booking fee) from www.tickets.ie www.ticketmaster.ie & Ticketmaster outlets nationwide. 0818 719 300 - Republic of Ireland customers 0844 277 4455 - Northern Ireland customers 00353 1 456 9569 - International customer

Introducing the very first Prosperous Market… a live music event and all-day market headlined by Fence Collective / Domino Records man James Yorkston celebrating his wonderful new album I was a Cat from a Book. The live music will be staggered throughout the day exploring every nook & cranny of the Workmans Club venue with confirmed performances also from Lisa O’Neill, Seamus Fogarty (Fence Collective) and more to be announced.

The Market itself will feature a wonderful array of goods including hot food, sandwiches & cake stalls, numerous stalls selling books, zines, comics, vinyl, toys & crafts. There also be some story-telling and a complimentary whiskey-tasting session in the adjoining Bison Bar.

A full itinerary will be published closer to the event.

His first album since 2008's When The Haar Rolls In, I Was A Cat From A Book finds James playing with a new band comprised of members of Lamb & The Cinematic Orchestra alongside old friends. The album was produced by James Yorkston and Dave Wrench and mostly recorded live during 5 wintry days in Bryn Derwen Studios, North Wales. It's an album full of energy and great musicianship, and contains James' strongest and most bewildering set of songs yet.

Since the release of When The Haar Rolls In, James has published a book (It’s Lovely To Be Here), collaborated with The Big Eyes Family Players on Folk Songs & seen the 10 year anniversary release of Moving Up Country, his landmark debut album.

I Was A Cat From A Book will be available on CD, 2 x 10” vinyl (exclusively featuring 2 extra tracks ‘Thar She Blows’ and ‘Black Horse White’) and digitally. There is also a spectacular Box Set version, containing 2 x 10" gatefold vinyl with download, the CD of the album, a DVD of James’ performance at the Union Chapel in 2011, a remix album by David 'A' Jaycock, printed backgammon pieces and dice to be played on the LP gatefold and 3 badges.

‘For me, listening to James Yorkston’s music is like coming across the interesting-looking person on the fringes of a party. Before you know it, you’ve spent the evening listening to their compelling tale. In this record, I get a real sense that he has found his true voice. There’s a quiet confidence in his craft; his singing, the words and instrumentation, all blend seamlessly to produce a really affecting record.’ – Phil Selway, Radiohead

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycexbKSkxkI

Re: Harmonic & Dolittle present The Prosperous Market feat: James Yorkston & .......

Hello, hello
Shall post times here closer to the event - hope you can make it down for all/some of it - gonna be deadly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back