Harley Benton (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
Has anyone bought any Harley Benton gear from Thomann? It's obviously there own brand, as similar instruments turn up under different brand names in the states, so I guess it's a "made in china" then badged in Germany affair.

I got their Lap Steel guitar over the summer, and it's doing fine... though you can't go too far wrong with something like that, it's a piece of ply wood with a pick up and tuners on it really... just wondering had anyone bought any of their guitars...

*obviously* they're cheap and cheerful... but how cheap, and how cheerful...

One of the tuners fell of my bass (don't look at me like that, I said 'fell off' you heard me...) and I'm thinking of picking up this...

http://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_beatbass.htm

as both a stop gap and soloution to my life like Macca fixation...

I got the HB 4x12 vintage guitar cab but still haven't plugged it in. It looks great but I'll get back to you with more informative information when I've used it.

deadly, thanks!

like I said their lap steel is doing fine, and I'm not expecting vintage jazz bass type results. Just to know that it won't burst into flames as soon as I plug it in...

JimiFire.jpg

:)

i'm waiting on a couple of 2x12 cabs so i'll let you know what they're like next week. i laughed at the name for a couple of weeks but how bad can they be?! harley benton... cracks me up every time!

harley benton... cracks me up every time!

it's like a mispronounciation of Harley David or something, you can some German fella's thinking "VE NEED ROCK N' ROLL NAME, VERY YANKEE DOODLE DANDY" "UND I'VE GOT IT HARLEY BENTON!" "YA, YA!"

deadly, thanks for the low down on the cab, I think I'm going for the bass once I get the $$$ sorted...

I got the HB 4x12 vintage guitar cab but still haven't plugged it in. It looks great but I'll get back to you with more informative information when I've used it.

I got one of these babies. Great cab. Compared to the marshall 1960a its not quite as warm sounding but would give it run for its money. Its €350 cheaper than the marshall too. Im thinking oif getting the straight version to make up the full stack.

Finally plugged mine in today and it's sounding pretty damn sweet, for those that want to experience the sound of a Harley Benton go see My Disco tonite in the hub, you'll be given a master class.

dunno where i stand on it, but on the nordie forum a while back somone rasied the point that that HB stuff and similar is all reverse engineering, so the people who invent the stuff arent getting anything out of you buying it. i agree with this in terms of microphones, especially all the sm58 knock offs and Nt1 type things. that said, fender/marshall havent done much for guitars since hendrix told them exactly what to do with guitars.

Hey Pantone, did you buy that bass? any use?

I did.... and... it is.. o... k.... ish.... I never fell in love with it, mostly it's small and I'm not, so it feels a little fiddly and dinky, also it's a very modern sound (not what I was expecting), ery bright sound and a high output, it sounds like this looks...

JJVikingBass.jpg

y'know?

I was using it in Crumb and ended up using Derricks very very nice and very very fancy P-Bass instead... which clearly kicked it's arse... If I had stuck with it I would've done a big old job on it, maybe put in a warmer neck pick, flat wound strings (big time!!!) and a foam damper or something else...

It looks amazing though, really lovely. But we need about the same amount I paid for it put into it again to get it up to scratch

Just looking at cabs now, it's actually cheaper to buy a HB 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30s than it is to buy 4 Vintage 30s separately.

Cheers man, gonna give that a miss then.

I did.... and... it is.. o... k.... ish.... I never fell in love with it, mostly it's small and I'm not, so it feels a little fiddly and dinky, also it's a very modern sound (not what I was expecting), ery bright sound and a high output, it sounds like this looks...

JJVikingBass.jpg

y'know?

I was using it in Crumb and ended up using Derricks very very nice and very very fancy P-Bass instead... which clearly kicked it's arse... If I had stuck with it I would've done a big old job on it, maybe put in a warmer neck pick, flat wound strings (big time!!!) and a foam damper or something else...

It looks amazing though, really lovely. But we need about the same amount I paid for it put into it again to get it up to scratch

Cheers man, gonna give that a miss then.

there's a real hofner in perfect pitch at the moment

I'm tempted to ask for a go, just to see if the same, size and weight and sound issues are present on the real thing

as I said to Anto Large Mound one night

P247 - I should've stuck with a P-Bass

Anto - Is there any other bass?

so true... so true....

I'm tempted to ask for a go, just to see if the same, size and weight and sound issues are present on the real thing

as I said to Anto Large Mound one night

P247 - I should've stuck with a P-Bass

Anto - Is there any other bass?

so true... so true....

thats the kind of conversation i overhear when i'm standing too close to people who havent tried out a musicman stingray yet.

i think its a lefty. only noticed it today. lovely axe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back