Hardcore-Thrash (1 Viewer)

demonica said:
I was going to see them at the psychobilly festival in spain but they pulled out! They're rescheduling they're european tour though so i might go see them in london or somewhere! Do you have "fight songs" or "get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"?

i have "fight songs," its a fuckin class album. i've never heard anything like it, the piano and washboard shit just works so well. didnt know they had another record, is it any good?

of the thrash type bands, i reckon vitamin x are my personal favourite.

thenoise000 said:
Yeah the stuff im looking for is - short, fast and fucked up.
with interesting song structures and crazy time changes.
Raw, noisey stuff is good.
Sounds like you want the old italian bands. Early Raw Power,Wretched,Negazione,CCM,I Refuse It,Declino,Eu's Arse and loads more.

Rimbaud said:
And where would one go to get some of this italian stuff?

If you are patient I could make a tape for you. I've ben very into this stuff recently but it's fuckin rare so pretty hard to find. luckily a few reissiues have been popping up.

Alan Remorse said:
i have "fight songs," its a fuckin class album. i've never heard anything like it, the piano and washboard shit just works so well. didnt know they had another record, is it any good?

of the thrash type bands, i reckon vitamin x are my personal favourite.
"get busy livin ....." is the best album i've heard in ages, i've heard some other songs which i presume are off fight songs and they are great but not quite as good as the songs off "get busy livin ......"

Code 13 were pretty good too. loads of great bands.Voorhees were amazing. Lecky the singers new band walk the plank are pretty cool too. trying to get em over to Ireland. you can download a track or two off their website I think

xiknowitsoverx said:
Lecky the singers new band walk the plank are pretty cool too. trying to get em over to Ireland. you can download a track or two off their website I think
Yes!!!! Get them over,the demo is good stuff

okay how about the classics, forget about stuff that you have to spend tons of cash for on Ebay.

Old fast and raw stuff;

Poison Idea Kings of Punk LP (reflex)
Jerry's Kids Is this My World LP (reflex)
PEACE/WAR compliation CD (New Red Archives)
Bad Brains s/t LP (roir)
DISCHORD early 7"s compilation
LARM Discography CD (Coalition)
Recent stuff

DS13 vad vet vi om kriget? LP (Deranged)
HISTERIA compilation LP PTS 1 and 2 (Lengua Armada)
TOTALITAR Anything!!!!
REAGAN SS Hail the new dawn 7" (Coalition)
DAS OATH 9", split 7" with TOTAL FURY (Coalition)

that's all I can think of off the top of my head right now all this stuff should be still available.

speaking of Vorhees...
what´s up with that other band featuring 3 or so ex-Vorhees guys? Does anybody know them?

i guess the band´s called Sex Maniacs, they play punkrock with Dwarves like liyrcis. Nothing to really freak out about, but it´s quite solid and was good for a drink of two.

Boxed-In & Sawn Off are good to check if you have`nt done so already.
Dropdead/Totalitar split is excellant - listened to it last night again.

The Public/See you in Hell split 7" and anything by Mass Genocide Process too.
Alot of stuff out there that i don`t know about or have`nt heard though.The other guys here would probably know more of this type of stuff.

Larm - i need to check these guys out.
Some band did a Larm cover album recently - larm as fuck or something?On busted heads?

You HAVE to check out I Shot Cyrus - "Tiranus".
And the split they have on the way with Discarga should rule.

_Andreas_ said:
speaking of Vorhees...
what´s up with that other band featuring 3 or so ex-Vorhees guys? Does anybody know them?

i guess the band´s called Sex Maniacs, they play punkrock with Dwarves like liyrcis. Nothing to really freak out about, but it´s quite solid and was good for a drink of two.
Do they have a website?

Also try The Poke!

The same as the italian bands...nigh but fuckin impossible to find their releases!!Cept the odd song on the few comps.....legends when they played live i hear!

Rimbaud said:
Also try The Poke!

The same as the italian bands...nigh but fuckin impossible to find their releases!!Cept the odd song on the few comps.....legends when they played live i hear!
I remember them being good last year when Knifed played with them. Got a demo of them too. They are on the comp I did,the email for them is [email protected]
I would LOVE to see an all thrash/hardcore irish comp exist. I know Mero wanted to do one ages ago(our song "this is Eirecore" came from that idea) but had little feedback when he mentioned it to bands. Would there be enough around now to do a cdr comp like the ones I've done/am planning? Maybe 30 minutes would be good if it was all hardcore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back