"hardcore" article in the Sunday Times yesterday (1 Viewer)

Very surprising to see that. I was too hungover to take it in!

Did it say that Gallows have a two million dollar record contract?

yeah, i had a read of it. Twas alright. That Gallows band annoyes me a bit. i think it was 1 million euro for 2 albums that they got.

Apparently they're not going over too well in the US, i suppose people there have already heard the bronx. Plus i read about them being very cocky and getting pissy and walking off stage early if the crowd doesn't go nuts. Saw them with lifetime last year and thought they were pretty weak.

Eh ok, I thought you were on about the English press in particular for some reason..

And they were really on MTV Canada.. And it was shut down as well..

Fuck all that shit.

"As for Gallows, nobody can doubt their hardcore credentials: Carter was tattooed on stage during their set at the Reading festival this summer, and at the end of last month, he had to cancel two shows after an on-stage accident caused five days’ concussion. But, he says, he loves Sinatra, James Brown and Ray Charles. Underneath the maelstrom of guitars is a sense of melody that recalls Nirvana in their more obscure moments. Carter is partly correct in his “right time, right place” assessment: hardcore has been on the rise recently. And it has, of course, happened before."

At least the article makes it sound so fuckin passe and boring that the real cheap-buzz-seekers will stick to nu-jazz or whatever's up next.

igu-v011227ay-01-diarrhea.jpg

Real hardcore will continue to destroy all these poseurs.

Just listened to a Gallows video there. (ah...irony)

Have to say I'm not convinced at all by them but it's hard to compeltly judge a band on just one song.

And they didn't even cite Discharge. Fucking pillocks.

Anyway, in similar news, I've just seen that there was an article on fanzines in Saturday's Irish Times Weekend magazine, interviewing some art student indie wanker who'd just decided it was the great way to revive his flagging creativity. These people are really casting a wide net to try & find some scraps of interest in modern unculture.

I kinda like his voice though. But the wouldn't be the type of hardcore i'm mad about. I like it nice and brutal yet pleasantly surprising and melodic just in the right places. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back