Hard Won, Hardwired (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
Here's a bit of blurb about Settler's new album. The launch for this album is in the Lower Deck on November 13th. There will be freebies at the door. There will also be some special guests.

Fairview House Recordings

Hard Won, Hardwired
Settler

November 2003

Hard Won, Hardwired is the second album by Dublin band Settler. It is available now from Tower Records, Dublin, Road Records, Fade Street, Dublin, or online from www.roadrecs.com.

Following the release and critical acclaim of the first album, Life Upstream, in January 2003, the band decided to immediately start writing and recording again. All songs were recorded and mixed by Andrew “Asteroid” Lyster in Lunar Sonics studios, Dalkey.

Featuring songs about saliva, depression, violence, middle-class anxiety, love, hate and other light hearted subjects, Hard Won, Hardwired is a typically paranoid-cheerful affair from this Dublin five-piece, and marks a move from previous folkish musical leanings into other not-so-folkish musical leanings. It's all about the leanings - though it still dances around the alt country campfire occasionally, it also courts the elusive lady melody and her noisy indie chambermaids.

Settler are Derek McCormack, Wil McDermott, Fiona O’Connor, Tim O’Donovan and Michael Stevens. A debut EP, Settler, was released on Mango Music in 2001, followed by Life Upstream on Fairview House Recordings in 2003.

email: [email protected]

web site: www.settlersite.com

see also: www.lunarsonics.com

Yeah, I was, like, well impressed with the cover.

The music is cack, but the graphics...sweet....retro like...well done panty.

:p

No, really, the music is terrific. But they don't need to be told this.

mm y'know snaky, I find the album is a real grower....:rolleyes: maybe it's just me...

egg_ said:
Heard a tune from this on Roxy's show last night, can't remember the name, it's the one where Derek plays his melodica

Fucking deadly.

That would be "Write This Down", Mr. Egg, and it is the second track on the album which is available in all good record shops (and some rubbish ones too).

I've just realised the cover of this looks a bit like thumped

I knew pantone spent too much time here

aaaaaaanyway, I may have said this already, but:

it's ten yo yos in, and you get a CD with that

Richer Than Astronauts and House of Mexico will kick out the indie jams beforehand

doors are at 8pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back