hard drive data recovery - dublin area (1 Viewer)

Think it took quite a while for Recuva to register anything when I used it... left it overnight and was able to get all files back from a formatted drive. Pete recommended it, now that I think about it.

cheers donjo, i left recuva running overnight and it only recovered one file. i ran zlon for a few hours and created a 700mb image file, then ran zar over the image and it recovered an avi segment, so i'm hoping that is the way to go. It's taking forever tho, it's been running for nearly a day now and has only created around 9gb worth of image files. i have to get another external hard drive to copy these images files off on to another computer and run zar over them on the second pc, as the one running ZLON is CRAWLING and ZAR won't run when zlon is running!! mega hassle!!

cheers donjo, i left recuva running overnight and it only recovered one file. i ran zlon for a few hours and created a 700mb image file, then ran zar over the image and it recovered an avi segment, so i'm hoping that is the way to go. It's taking forever tho, it's been running for nearly a day now and has only created around 9gb worth of image files. i have to get another external hard drive to copy these images files off on to another computer and run zar over them on the second pc, as the one running ZLON is CRAWLING and ZAR won't run when zlon is running!! mega hassle!!

One thing i found when i was doing that drive recovery last week was that having the drive attached to a SATA port on the motherboard as normal caused my PC to crawl & the drive couldn't be 'seen' properly by windows. It was even crashing the video driver every minute or two, which was a first.

When i attached it using a USB SATA drive bay thing instead performance went back to normal & i was able to use Recuva on it.

One thing i found when i was doing that drive recovery last week was that having the drive attached to a SATA port on the motherboard as normal caused my PC to crawl & the drive couldn't be 'seen' properly by windows. It was even crashing the video driver every minute or two, which was a first.

When i attached it using a USB SATA drive bay thing instead performance went back to normal & i was able to use Recuva on it.

hi pete, i have to stop it running tonight, it's been on for a few days and still only at 1%. Haven't tried scanning the images it created yet tho. so i have the drive connected directly to a sata port on the motherboard and it's crawling, so i will put the drive back in it's external enclosure and connect it via usb tomorrow and see how it runs. cheers as always for the help with this issue folks

ok, only getting back to this now due to taking a while to get the power supply for the drive caddy. so the failing drive is back in it's enclosure and connected to the computer via usb cable. it's taking ages for the drive to be recognised in windows, and when i run recuva on it it's failing with consistency check/semaphore error messages. i ran zar on it for 10 hours and it detected nothing, and the zlon trial period has expired now so cannot use that, but even if i could i doubt if it's gonna pick up anything if the other 2 apps failed to pick up anything? is there anything else i could try or should i finally call it a day? i know there is data on it because i was able to get stuff off it when connected directly to the system board, but it would take about 6 months to fully image the disk using zlon, and i am not prepared to do that with the price of power these days!!!

apparently not. anyway what have you got to lose (apart from €800 or so on data recovery experts) at this stage?

true that! cheers will give it a go. do i need to thaw it out before connecting it up to the puter after taking it out of the freezer?

cheers pete, hard drive (minus the enclosure) has gone into the freezer today in a ziplock bag. will take it out wednesday night, then try it again on thursday and fingers crossed it works a bit better....

so, drive went into the freezer for a few days, came out last night and allowed to thaw out, now windows won't recognise the drive at all. so thats it, i give up, time to send it to the experts!!!:<<

so, drive went into the freezer for a few days, came out last night and allowed to thaw out, now windows won't recognise the drive at all. so thats it, i give up, time to send it to the experts!!!:<<

get any quotes yet?

only the original one from critical data services of between 400-650, depending on how bad it is. they haven't even seen it yet, so it may work out even more expensive than that. it's not my drive, it's a friends, and i don't think he is too keen to fork out the megabucks on getting it recovered, but don't think he has any choice at this stage!!

i had to get a data recovered from a drive in work a couple of weeks ago. €1100 it cost, and two weeks to get the data.
100 euro!! christ!! still, if the data needs to be recovered then it's gonna have to be paid. what company did you use??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back