Hard Case For A Fender Bass ... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter hugh
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
I wanna buy a hard case for my Fender Precision. Had a look on Thomann and saw that you can buy the really nice Fender cases like this one:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_e_bass_delux_case_brown_tolex.htm

I've seen other colours/interiors on other sites as well. Really nice but it's a lot of cash especially when you consider that you can also get Thomann made ones a lot cheaper like this:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/thomann_ebass_case.htm
or
http://www.thomann.de/ie/thomann_bass_koffer_tweed.htm

(I'm guessing these ones will fit a P-Bass but it doesn't say)

Are the Thomann made ones pieces of crap that won't last the distance?
Or are they just as good and only an idiot would buy the Fender one?

well i reckon the build of the fender one is similiar to the Telecaster one you have and the thomann one probably has the build quailty of that quitar stand we bought.
Mind you, there's more of a cash gap than a quality gap if you ask me. Must see them side by side.

I got the fancy tweed Fender case with my Tele '52 RI but I also bought an €80 case in my local music shop for my main bass.

Practically, there's fuck all difference.
The finish is obviously much better with the Fender one & it has extra padding but all you want is something that protects your guitar.

If you do want to get something a bit nicer than the cheap hard cases look for a Hiscox case in Perfect Pitch or Musician Inc.
Should get one for less than €200.

Both my cases are fairly new so I can't vouch for the longevity of the cheap case.
If you're touring or gigging regularly, get something decent.

Can't see you needing anything better than Hiscox.
Even the SKB that Moose mentioned would be more than enough.
My bass head is in an SKB rack case.

It's basic but tough.

Hugh, I have one of those shit brown cases if you want to check it out for build quality...

If it's just for local gigging, in and out of the boot of a car, handeling it yourself or your trusted "bandmates" you'll be grand with a cheapo...

I guess you only really need 'spencive if you are intrusting your "instrument" to baggage "handlers"

I have a thomman case for my bass, it's grand more solid then I thought it would. The finish is taking a beating already and the crap gold effect fittings are crap (though the handle and locks are well sturdy), I don't know if I'd trust it on a plane but for rolling around town it's grand. Fits very very snug to, which is nice

Thanks for all the comments.

I'll try and check out one of those hiscox ones when I'm in town next but ... sounds to me like the Thomann jobby will be grand.

i used to use one of the flat ones but i got a pain in my hole carrying it so i bought a well padded gig bag with shoulder straps.

Actually me too. There was an original hard case for the bass but it was pretty fucked up so I started using a gig bag instead. But now I don't use that bass all that much so I'd prefer something proper to store it in.

Is there anywhere you can get cases fixed up?

Actually me too. There was an original hard case for the bass but it was pretty fucked up so I started using a gig bag instead. But now I don't use that bass all that much so I'd prefer something proper to store it in.

Is there anywhere you can get cases fixed up?

What's wrong with it?

You could get new corner pieces/handles/latches pretty handy.

hughs old case is pretty fucked. iwould guess its not worth repairing.

here hugh, steve recently got one of these for his p-bass. its solid as a rock.

hughs old case is pretty fucked. iwould guess its not worth repairing.

here hugh, steve recently got one of these for his p-bass. its solid as a rock.

Ah cool. That's like the flat case version of the one Moose was talking about. This could be the one! I remember seeing Steve's one .. I meant to ask you where he got it

That looks nice, might pick one of them up meself whenever I get a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back