happy new year, jerks (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 5
Happy New year folks.

We had power cuts last night and I had to cut down a tree that fell and blocked us in last night. I think I'm gonna die. I hope years continues as well as it started.:)

Have a prosperous New Year

by Truxton Meadows

Here's wishing everyone a prosperous New Year. That's not a trite phrase; it's the foundation for our dynamic culture, a clean environment, and more.

What would you do if you had more money? You might be able to take your family on a vacation. Spend more time with your children. Maybe you would be able to help your elderly parents or a person in need of a little extra help. You could put aside more for your retirement. Whatever you would do, it would be your choice. The freedom to choose how we live as individuals leads us to be wealthier as a society.

Wealthier nations are able to better care for the environment. The standard of living conditions are higher for all, and the opportunities for all to prosper are there. Businesses, unencumbered by unnecessary regulation, are able to employ more people. Even nations that have traditionally been controlled by repressive governments, such as China, are realizing that freedom of choice is the key to prosperity.

The recognition of our natural rights and liberties, coupled with limited government is required before we can hope to be prosperous. Let's not take our prosperity, and the liberties that allowed it, for granted. Have a happy and prosperous New Year.

Truxton Meadows
is director of operations at Cascade Policy Institute , a Portland, Oregon think tank.

Happy New year folks.

We had power cuts last night and I had to cut down a tree that fell and blocked us in last night. I think I'm gonna die. I hope years continues as well as it started.:)

i spent nye shivering under a duvet on a couch thinking i was going to die. drinking lemsips by the gallon.

mind you, my g/f was under the duvet too and we were watching tremors. good year..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back