Happy Bloomsday Everybody! (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Magee

Website
www.myspace.com
I'll see you all later in my 1900s garb, cycling one o those bikes with the big front wheels. Then maybe we can get the tram out to Lucan what hey?

Latex lizzie said:
..that's "what ho" not "what hey". jeez richie.
I was in the spirit of Joyce doing some wordplay, by morphing "ho" into "hey", which both refers to our Hiberno past in the form of "hay", and our Anglo tongue with the "e" (for England) in the middle. You moron.

Ah man I can't believe they gave away the ending!

If RTE had their shit together they'd be showing every episode of Ulysses 31 back-to-back today (the fact that it was based on the original Homer notwithstanding)

it's on every night on fox kids on digital if that's any use, also they're all being released on dvd, the 1st series has just come out

Ulysses, Ulysses - Soaring through all the galaxies,
In search of Earth, flying in to the night.
Ulysses, Ulysses - Fighting evil and tyranny,
With all his power, and with all of his might.
Ulysses - no-one else can do the things you do.
Ulysses - like a bolt of thunder from the blue.
Ulysses - always fighting off the evil forces bringing peace and justice to all.

It's me Nono small robot you know - friend of Uly-sses.

Ulysses, Ulysses - could not find his destiny,
Leaving earth, such a long time ago.
Ulysses - like a mighty warrior in the sky.
Ulysses - with his small companions by his side.
Ulysses - Unlike a king he's not protected by the Gods of every form in his way.

Ulysses - no-one else can do the things you do.
Ulysses - like a bolt of thunder from the blue.
Ulysses - always fighting off the evil forces bringing peace and justice to all.

Yeah I've seen it once or twice, unfortunately it's nowhere near as good as it was when I was a nipper. Nice that they try to educate though.

is there any connection between the guys who animated ulyssees and the guys who did those videos for daft punk? i doubt it but i just thought i'd throw it out here...

Jimmy Magee said:
I was in the spirit of Joyce doing some wordplay, by morphing "ho" into "hey", which both refers to our Hiberno past in the form of "hay", and our Anglo tongue with the "e" (for England) in the middle. You moron.

You'd try anything to get out of being wrong.moron.

hag said:
is there any connection between the guys who animated ulyssees and the guys who did those videos for daft punk? i doubt it but i just thought i'd throw it out here...

i doubt it, though the colours and some of the people are quite similar looking i guess

hag said:

i think the same guy did Ulysses 31 and some older Gundam stuff... might have just been the same studio though.

haha !bing

"Daft Punk's "Discovery" album set to the anime of legendary Japanese animator Leiji Matsumoto (Ulysses 31), as glimsped in the videos for "Aerodymnamic", ""Harder, Faster, Better, Stronger", "One More Time" etc. Now avalible to view in its entirety as a cohesive 65 minute movie, in 5:1 DTS! The disc includes loads of extras."

Stacy said:
haha !bing

"Daft Punk's "Discovery" album set to the anime of legendary Japanese animator Leiji Matsumoto (Ulysses 31), as glimsped in the videos for "Aerodymnamic", ""Harder, Faster, Better, Stronger", "One More Time" etc. Now avalible to view in its entirety as a cohesive 65 minute movie, in 5:1 DTS! The disc includes loads of extras."
cool... i used to love ulysses on the telly. and i thought they looked similar. anyone got that daft punk dvd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back