happy birthday 'rape the drummer' (1 Viewer)

i like yames whoever he is. doesnt post much either.
ever notice those chinese dudes in the spar with nametags like "raymond" and "cuchuilainn" and "jelly" (gerry). they so want to fit in and be loved as hardworking contributing members of their adopted society. but we all know that untill they learn to pronounce their r's their lives will only amount to falsified name tags down the spar. so sad.

There is a guy who posts on metalireland as "Angel of Debt".
That is the best one I have ever heard.

I think that sucks because A.Why do you need to know the name of the person selling you cigarettes/chocolate/the paper etc?

B.If your going to be a greedy cunt and only pay your staff minimum wage for working a shit job then you could at least have the decency to address them by their real name.

This isnt an attack on yourself by the way.Its directed at pennypinching cunts who run these establishments.
Donkey OJ said:
ever notice those chinese dudes in the spar with nametags like "raymond" and "cuchuilainn" and "jelly" (gerry). they so want to fit in and be loved as hardworking contributing members of their adopted society. but we all know that untill they learn to pronounce their r's their lives will only amount to falsified name tags down the spar. so sad.

on the one hand i like the idea of looking at a nametag and addressing them by their first name. it kind personalises the meaninglessness and gives them a small bit of respect. but when its not even remotely their real name it makes me sad and confused and angry and i feel the only way to resolve my feelings is to shoot a politician.

actually alot of asian people choose a 'normal' engrish name when they come over here, for ease of use. My friend vanessa's real name is god only knows. Its kinda funny though, some of them dont really grasp the concept of proper nouns, hence some of the children in the class my friend taught in China were called 'Hammer', and one was even called 'UFO'!!!

Wavioli said:
actually alot of asian people choose a 'normal' engrish name when they come over here, for ease of use. My friend vanessa's real name is god only knows. Its kinda funny though, some of them dont really grasp the concept of proper nouns, hence some of the children in the class my friend taught in China were called 'Hammer', and one was even called 'UFO'!!!
preese hammuh dont hreh dem.

Donkey OJ said:

You know what's worse? When you are in a Spar/Centra gettin a Breaky roll or sambo and yer one goes "d'ya want red sauce?" Yeah, I love the oul red there, full of goodness, made with 100% real reds!ironyyy I'd love to go (in D4 accent)"It's called Tomato Sauce you fucking Peasant! Because it's made from Tomatoes! That's what the Red is!" I mean come on, there's lazy then there's 'red sauce' lazy.

SpeedRacer said:
You know what's worse? When you are in a Spar/Centra gettin a Breaky roll or sambo and yer one goes "d'ya want red sauce?" Yeah, I love the oul red there, full of goodness, made with 100% real reds!ironyyy I'd love to go (in D4 accent)"It's called Tomato Sauce you fucking Peasant! Because it's made from Tomatoes! That's what the Red is!" I mean come on, there's lazy then there's 'red sauce' lazy.

Eh :confused: :confused: :confused:

I had a friend from Hong Kong a few years back (and fair fucks to the girl, she left her parents and brother in China when she was 14 to come and live in feckin Artane and go to my school in Raheny where she wiped the floor with the rest of us, academia-wise, and to a certain extent, English-wise. Some right thick bitches there were in my year).

Anyways, yeah, her little brother's Western name was Bunny.
Very fuckin Tarantino.

i hate when people say brown sauce. pricks.

SpeedRacer said:

:rolleyes:

what are your respective opinions on "pink sawas" then? you know, that hellish mixture of mayonnaise and ahem, "tow-ma-tow" ketchup that some people seem to love on their chips and shit.. :)

Maybe it's like the way fake parmesan can't be called parmesan anymore - hence tubs of 'pamesan' in tescos (hoping you won't notice) maybe there are 'no tomatoes' in 'red sauce'

' ' ' ' ' '

plug said:
what are your respective opinions on "pink sawas" then? you know, that hellish mixture of mayonnaise and ahem, "tow-ma-tow" ketchup that some people seem to love on their chips and shit.. :)

That combination is yum. It has a name, apparently. It's something dainty - can't recall...

I lived with this chinese girl in first year in college. I was showing her around town her first day and she told me her name was rowan, and i told everyone else in the flat and we all called her rowan. Turned out it was something of a misunderstanding and she was into rowing or something, but by that time it was too late so we just kept calling her rowan, despite the fac that everyone else was calling her shi-shi or shoo-shoo or whatever her name was. Tragic.

roxy said:
That combination is yum. It has a name, apparently. It's something dainty - can't recall...
well, I'd be more warm to the idea of it now. I was a lifelong hater of mayonnaise (amongst many other things) as a lad, but I've since seen the glaring error of my ways. don't know the real name but you could order chips with "pink sauce" on it and I believe the er, dish (for the want of a better word) was called a "prawn chip". was it called "prawn cocktail"? :confused:

lots of quotation marks and parentheses in that post. my work here is done !ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back