happinness...? (2 Viewers)

carrie

Since 1999
from press release today: Witnness is delighted to announce an extra stage…THE CAFÉ STAGE. The Café Stage will feature acoustic performances from some of the various artists on the line-up, as well as providing an important platform for the finest Irish and international up and coming bands, including Mundy, Turn, South, Bell XI, Cousteau, Nina Hynes, The Would Be’s, The Revs and many more.

The line-up for the Witnness Café stage is as follows (more to be added):

Saturday 4th August 2001

Turn
South
Fuzz Light Years
Nina Hynes
The Revs
Cara Dillon
The Would Be's
Bone
Mick Harte

Sunday 5th August 2001
Mundy
Bell X1
Cousteau
The Revs
Melaton
El Diablo
Joan Of Arse
Paul O'Reilly
Dot Creek
Steve Fanagan

a ha ha ha, they changed the name from happiness to cafe 'coz they thought about it too hard and their brains broke. ha ha ha. spas. i'm off now to listen to bellx1. dum dee dum...

No the revs are only on Saturday someone at MCD.ie must have cocked up: for full listings and times its: http://www.kaboommusic.cjb.net

Though does anyone know about Lee Scratch Perry's time coz he's not in the line-up i got

hey kids

now i don't want to get all boring here, and i don't really go in for that deleting messages stuff, but comments have been made....

There's a reason why there's no mention of witnness (or things like it) on the listings page here - i'm sure most of you know the score on that one by now

So logically it would follow that press releases would be the same? yeah? See what I'm saying here?

I think we understand each other. I think you know the signs I speak of......

steppenwolf (02 Aug, 2001 11:00 a.m.):
why go to witness on saturday when kerry kicking dublins ass will be far more entertaining?

zzzzzzz

as long as you muckers don't make shit of the housing estates near croke park again I don't give a monkeys what you to Dublin's player's arses.....some of us have to live there you know!!!!

hey there should be a competition to see who can spot the most mullets in the crowds at witnness

or 'taches....

hey or combinations of both!!

or rat tails. (semi mullets) and there should be categories. i.e. the business man mullet- grey and really straight or the wayne gretzky hockey players mullet - old fat men with no teeth and curly curls at the back o da head...........classic 1982

the classic billy ray cyrus look has always done it for me

spikey on top shaved at the sides and yet strangely long down the back

oh yeah baby...

Hmmmm, now Pete didn't you apply for press access for witnness ? So you want to go ? But you won't post it on the listings page because its run by corporate bastards ? But have you bought a ticket ?

Monkey (02 Aug, 2001 06:21 p.m.):
Hmmmm, now Pete didn't you apply for press access for witnness ?

Sure did. Freebies are pretty cool. Not that I ever get any... but on principle...

So you want to go ?

Not particularly, no - quite a few people I know are playing, so it would have been quite nice to see them. Plus, I was kinda hoping to do a behind the scenes report, and maybe some video interviews. I had my camcorder and laptop all ready to go...

Unfortunately the powers that be at MCD didn't seem to see the benefits.

But you won't post it on the listings page because its run by corporate bastards ?

No, I won't post it on the listings page because MCD / Diageo don't need my help in advertising their events.

The fact that one of them is slowly but surely attempting to single handedly take control of the entire irish music scene, and the other is a corporate bastard still using it's local business name in an attempt to maintain brand loyalty is entirely incidental.

I've said this soooo many times before - everything that goes on this site is paid for out of my pocket, so I don't see why i should give free advertising to MCD and their ilk when they can well afford to pay for it.

Anyone who wants to know about their stuff - or even doesn't want to know about their stuff - would have a hard enough time avoiding it, don't you think?

And quite frankly if MCD can't even be bothered telling me to fuck off and not be so stupid as to even ask for press accreditation after the witnness articles we ran last year, well...

But have you bought a ticket ?
ahahahhahahaaa

No. Not in a million years.

And anyway I can't go - I'm washing my hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back