Halloumi (1 Viewer)

mamul

What a fucking cheese. goat, sheep and cow milk up in this motherfucker, also some herbs in the variety most available here. anyone ever have the real cyprian shit? differ much from the pasturised shop version? fry it with some roasted veg. rapid

you can get it in most health food shops and georges st arcade. tastes good marinated in a sweet chilli-ish style sauce and put on the bbq. put it on squewers (i have no idea how you spell it) with peppers, courgettes, aubergine, tomato, etc. yuuuuum

Hal -yummy, you can get it in most spars surprisingly any of the bigger ones, but the chinese supermarket behind georges st arcade sells a cheaper and slightly less salty(nicer) version.

fry it up sans oil as it's fatty enough not to burn, yum.
more recipes appreciated... i had a lovely halloumi sandwhich with stuffing and cranberry sauce in munchies which was divine!

Cut halloumi in slices. Fry with no oil til goldy brown on both sides.
In a bowl mix extra virgin olive oil and finely chopped red chilli.
Pour chilli and olive oil on halloumi.
Eat.
:heart:

hhhmm just had a fried halloumi, mayo, baby tomatoes and a big handful of fresh chives mixed with lots of mustard seed leaves fresh from the garden! all in a fresh baguette.
highly recommend. yumtious!

had a haloumi and lundza (some kind of greek meat thing) pitta today for lunch. it was totally yum. i think their haloumi is the genuine article too. v good.

Halloumi is fine stuff allright .I added some fried to a lovely curry the other night , twas fine.
I decided to try making paneer also which was really easy .
Bring 2 ltrs of milk to the boil (gentle boil- low heat) . when it's done , add some (2 or 3 limes worth) lime juice to the pot ( which you've taken off the heat).When curds and whey have seperated pour into cheese cloth/muslin (most butchers will have some)- and then twist the muslin till it squeezes the water out and squeezes the cheese in.It doesn't need to hang for weeks or anything - just let it for an hour or two and then slice it and fry it and put it in curries or whatever you like. It's a mild but tasty cheese. Enjoy.

Halloumi lightly fried in the pan with some chille flakes, add to a lovely fresh rocket, red onion and tomato salad. Wee bit of olive oil. Simple but hella tasty.

Halloumi and paneer are deadly.

i got some in the Asia market for about two quid. Saw it in tesco for four quid.

ditto that, it's also less salty and definitely veggie.

had a simple coconut curry with halloumi through it and some corn and polenta fritters very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back