Guns n' Roses - Chinese Democracy (1 Viewer)

I thought Duff McKeegan wrote the tunes?

The credits for Appetite are all over the shop.
I don't think any two songs had the same musical and lyrical authors.

I'm sure I read it was Izzy, and it makes sense with the release of The Shitty Spagetti Incident and demise of the band not long after he left. I'm open to correction though.

EDIT: Seems they're all responsable according to this:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=24956

All my favourites have Izzy involved though.

Guns N' Roses aint no indicator of nothing.

Double negative, I'll take it you agree with me so.

When I was eleven one of my older cousins heard me listening to Appetite for Destruction and said to me 'You do know they're all junkies, right?' That made me quite upset because I thought that meant they were all going to die from AIDS.

Slash did die once, but not from AIDS.

Axl Rose needs to have the shit kicked out of him... for his own sake like.

Remember when Liam Gallagher got a hidin? It had been a long time coming and then some hairdresser knocked his two front teeth out?

Did him the world of good.

from my understanding it's ok for indie kids to like attitude-soaked garage rock but not hard rocking pop glam metal or whatever the crap Guns'N'Roses style bands are classed.

I still love the Wildhearts so I don't really deserve an opinion on this kind of thing

wildhearts fucking rule! .|..|

slash said in his book that they wrote the songs for appetite mainly when himself, izzy and axl would sit around and jam out the riffs and lyrics between them and duff would come up with a really inventive bass line that would pull the whole thing together. slash and izzy would be knocking out deadly guitar parts and what have you. slash thinks hes great. after reading his book even i was convinced that appetite was a good album so i went and listened again recently enough and i was right the first time - useless. slash is just a sub-clapton blues widdler. at least axl does have a distinctive voice.

slash said in his book that they wrote the songs for appetite mainly when himself, izzy and axl would sit around and jam out the riffs and lyrics between them and duff would come up with a really inventive bass line that would pull the whole thing together. slash and izzy would be knocking out deadly guitar parts and what have you. slash thinks hes great. after reading his book even i was convinced that appetite was a good album so i went and listened again recently enough and i was right the first time - useless. slash is just a sub-clapton blues widdler. at least axl does have a distinctive voice.
axl sounds like a cat who's lungs are being stood on.
and not in the good way

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back